1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Full Review: 9800GX2 vs HD3870X2!!!

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by reviewhunter, Mar 13, 2008.

1. EastCoasthandle

EastCoasthandle New Member

Thanks Received:
    I can offer my opinion on the subject

AND

I have offered my opinion on the subject

Your only accusation of me being a fanboi is offering an opinion that is different then your own. This is not the definition of being a fanboi. However you on the other hand through your rabid responses clearly show otherwise. Per the mentioned PC Maximum review 7 found ATI's offering better then nvidia (which 5 took interest). If you read the article they are referencing CF vs SLI which is why I take no real interest in it. However, their was a distinct difference in the color of the fire (whatever that means there is no additional information regarding this).

Read the chart from the link:
    Source
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2008
  2. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Actually, I'm with you, they are the same.

Yes, and your opinion doesn't mean anything unless you can back it up, and you can't. So offer away, it doesn't mean anything. And we are allowed to argue with your opinion, and prove it false(which we have, actually it was proven false before you even offered your opinion).

And the person that resorts to insults, is usually the person losing the argument, and usually the least mature of the group. So it is ironic that you talk about maturity, when you seem to be the least mature.
    Crunching for Team TPU 25 Million points folded for TPU
  3. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    If my opinion doesn't mean anything to you there is no need to offer an opinion about it. This sort of self reassurance isn't needed if you truly felt that way. As the saying goes actions speak louder then words.

As for being proven false and insults (because I seen for myself that IQ is not the same, which is not an insult). I'll let chart below speak for me, that way I don't insult anyone.

[​IMG]

As I said before, anyone who had the opportunity to use both cards can clearly see a distinct difference.
  4. driver66

driver66 New Member

Thanks Received:
    OMG it never fails /facepalm :shadedshu
  5. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    Sure there is a reason, when you present your opinion as fact, a fact that is actually false.

I don't see how you can post a chart showing people claiming both sides look better, and then claim that is proof that ATi has better IQ and the "difference is obvious". Really? If the difference is so obvious, then why does anyone pick nVidia? If ATi is that much better, and the difference is so obvious, then why did anyone pick nVidia?
  6. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    No, I specifically said "opinion" as found in post 53, 51, etc. As a matter of fact, you quoted me saying it. :)
  7. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    Read post #38, your post. The first post on the subject we are arguing about. NO mention of it being opinion. Just direct statements of fact, false facts. You then continue with no mention of opinion in post #41. You only then claimed those were your own personal opinions later one, when we already started arguing them.

No statement of opinion there.

None there either.

You present your opinion that the IQ difference is obvious as a fact, not as an opinion and that is what started the argument. You only went back and said it was opinion later on, but you originally did not present it as opinion.
  8. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    On the profound fanboism in which you are summerged, you are not even able to notice that going against your opinion "Ati IQ is better" is not the same as saying "Nvidia is better", mine is a neutral opinion, in any case I would be a "fanboi of neutralism", but let's forget about this because you won't never see the difference. We have sustained the same discusion in the past and you always only listen to one person: you.

Now let's look at the charts and do some math:

15 + 9 = 24 > 21

So there's more people with an opinion different to yours than backing you up. And if you bothered to read the article, which is clear you didn't, you would realize this:

1- There should be alot more people saying Ati better if it actually was better.
    2- The control group (showing them the same image, they saw a difference) demostrated that they felt forced to choose one. In that situation the fact that there's more from one than the other is fortuite, they were seeing the "same image" just as in the control group but they chose one over the other:

Explaining why that happened is as easy as throwing a coin and look at the results, throw it 10 times and you won't have 5/5 even when theoretically probabilities are 50%, throw it 50 times and it will be closer to 50%, throw it 10000000 times and there you have, almost 50%.

Don't be a fanboi, you are the only one who thinks that saying "not better than" == saying "worse than". You are the only one here who feels we are attacking your beloved card when we say it has the same IQ as the competition. That's fanboism.
    newtekie1 says thanks.
  9. EastCoasthandle

Thanks Received:
    If I at a later point explain my posts (for clarity) then that is how it should be interpreted. You cannot define what I mean beyond that. However, it's obvious you are simply posting this to argue and this is getting off topic.

You are really grasping for straws and showing more and more your preference. The article clearly show the results of their tests and they are conclusive, regardless of how you feel about them. The "what ifs" and "suppose to be" are more excuses then an explanation to the results. This all goes to show how easily offended you are regarding situations like this.

It obvious you are not very astute and are now "making it up" at this point in an attempt to save face. This alone discredits your entire argument regarding the IQ results and your interpretation of my posts. However, based upon your lack of facts you haven't offered one shred of evidence to the contrary. For example, you have not used both video cards yet you argue with me with baseless accusations. LOL
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  10. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    +1

Yes, but the problem is that your original post hint in no way that they are your opinions. You present them in ways to make people believe they are facts. So if they are presented as facts, we will argue them if they are incorrect. Later on saying they were only opinions doesn't mean we shouldn't have argued them in the first place. You can't expect us to be mind readers and know that when you present things in ways that make them seem factual, they are really opinions so we shouldn't argue them.

When you say "The HD DOES have better IQ than the GeForce" that is a statement of fact, not opinion. A statement you need to be able to back up with evidence. You only later realized your "fact" was false, and began claiming it was only your opinion.
    DarkMatter says thanks.
  11. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    +1

Now let's get on topic again please, he will never concede.
    newtekie1 says thanks.
  12. reviewhunter New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gosh, what are you guys arguing about?
  13. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    This should not be surprising seriously considering Crysis is programmed directly for Nvidia cards... Namely the 8800's, which is not much different from the 9800...

Our Ati cards are still not using half our shaders..... :shadedshu on Crytek.
  14. driver66

driver66 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seriously guys let it rest :slap:
  15. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    You don't know how to read in the results. But you didn't had to anyway, READ the actual article!! It says it all!!

According to your "conclusive" opinions, it's a lot more clear that the win of HP LP3065 30-inch LCD over HP LP3065 30-inch LCD (yeah it's the same, just in case you didn't notice) is greater than Ati vs. Nvidia. That win is more "conclusive" (the numbers are conclusive right?) than Ati vs. Nvidia win, but yeah I am grasping for straws here too...

16. rampage

Thanks Received:
    sence the thread has been hijacked, why dosent someone create a new thread and we can have a vote on wich card has the god dam prittiest pictue, but then hay, i guess it also come down to what monitor your are using as well, so meh, who realy gives a rats ass, its not like the days of 1>2 years ago with image quality
  17. DarkMatter New Member

Thanks Received:
    I already proposed that, but I just didn't want to start one myselft. But looking at circunstances I'm going to do it.
  18. rampage

Thanks Received:
    ah ok, soz i skimmed over the thread, any who, it seams as things are the gx2 has a nice leed, but with drivers to come and the ati boys with ddr4 i still think things will be pritty close
  19. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    wow, ive wandered into a cat fight.

*throws catnip about and chills everyone out

:p
  20. newtekie1

Thanks Received:
    I don't know where you got that it is programmed directly for nVidia cards. Just because it has the nVidia logo at the beginning doesn't mean it is programmed directly for nVidia cards, it just means nVidia paided them to put it there. It has Intel's logo at the beginning too, do you really think it was programmed directly for Intel CPUs too? It is just a marketting tool. 3Dmark06 has advertisements for Alienware computers in it, do you really think they programmed it directly for Alienware computers?

If the Crytek engine isn't using half the shaders, it is because there are too many shaders, though I doubt that is the case.
  21. xfire

xfire New Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys need to relax. Let more number tests come out with the Gx2 especially TPU's.
  22. zOaib New Member

Thanks Received:
    i love this place , we have almost an equal number of opposing factions i.e ATi Clan and Nvidia Clan members dueling it out .................. its sometimes fun when its a more mature argument , not when its down to fanboisim . =)
  23. TooFast New Member

Thanks Received:
  24. calvary1980

calvary1980 New Member

Thanks Received:
    that article is dated Feb 26th, a full review was done yesterday.

- Christine
  25. niko084

niko084

Thanks Received:
    Check their advertisements...

*BUILT ON THE 8800*
    It is programmed directly to ONLY use 128 shaders.

So thats where I get my info. And yes it is programmed directly FOR nVidia cards!
    Doesn't mean their ATI support is non existant, just means its not *tweaked* for them.

It gives a small slight advantage off the start. It shows when you compare how close these cards run and then hit Crysis....