1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Furmark and stability!

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by dipsta, Dec 14, 2011.

1. dipsta New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hello again peeps, well as some of you will probably know, i upgraded my 5850 to a 6950 Asus Direct cu II. I have manager to unlock shaders and in fact reflash with 6970 bios of the same type card.

Now the problem is once i have overclocked the card.. And im currently sat at 1.2v 940/1400 furmark never can complete a benchmark. Sure it can at 6970 stock speed of 890/1350 at 1.175. But only once if i do two runs back to back it sometimes crashes. Now ive tried beta 12 drivers. Which seem to be a little better and gpuz shows temps on #2 and #3 getting into high 90 degrees..

It completes all futuremark benches without crashin or any artefacting at 940/1400 @1.2v
    Is it just that the card isnt good mates with furmark??

Or is it that my card is a shit clocker.. Btw was identical both pre unlock and bios upgrade so it isnt those which ause the problem! Cheers big ears :0)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    probably its because you unlocked it AND trying to overclock it. AMDs shader clock is same as core clock, so when you OC the core, you are OCing the shitty shaders which were previously locked.

shaders are locked for a reason. mostly its because they are not performing upto par with others.

3. dipsta New Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you read my original post?
    No? Didnt think so! This was the same before the shaders were unlocked!
    Thanks