1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FX-60 stuck at 2.0??

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by SANE, Jan 30, 2007.

1. SANE New Member

Thanks Received:
    I just got a new FX-60 (939) for my system. I am confused at its reported timings...

I thought the chip was stock 2.6 and it dose not read as that with cpu-z. It reads as 2.0 and I can understand that if its at 200fsb and a x10 multi. But what is the stock supposed to be on the mobo to make it run at its stock speed? Also, I have 1gig OCZ Gold DDR 400 chips and they are supposed to run at 2-2-2-5 at 1T. But I cant get my system to run smooth with out dropping the timings. Anyone have any ideas?

I also upgraded my graphics card to an NVIDIA 7950GT. Could this be a power issue? I thought i had enough pushing the system and it dose not shut down.

It seems to be a bios setting error on my part. Not sure whats going on.

Thanks for the help.
  2. AthlonX2

AthlonX2 HyperVtXâ„¢

Thanks Received:
    fsb should be 200 with a multi of 13
  3. SANE New Member

Thanks Received:
    now lets say i want to over clock it a little. Would i need to drop the timings on the RAM or is it a trial and error deal as usual.

--EDIT--

One last question. When I run CPU-Z, on the bottom of the first section where it says Selection with the drop down box for each core of the cpu, I cant click the drop down box. It reads the fx 60 as having two cores but wont let me check each one. Is that a driver issue? I have all the latest drivers off AMD as far as I know.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  4. vrm4 Guest

if you want to overcolck a little, just raise the cpu multi to 14, then your at 2.8ghz. FX-60 should handle that no problem.
  5. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    you probably have cool'n'quiet enabled in bios. it drops the multi down when your puter doesnt need the processing power. in order to test this, run a stress testing program(i reccomend orthos, i believe you can fetch it in the downloads section here on tpu).

the newest version does that. if the proc has one die, it will read as one processor and show two cores, but if it has two dies(like the intel quad cores) then it will let you select the die you want to read, since there are actually two physical processors to read from.
    there is nothing wrong with your drivers or computer.