1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FX-795A-TDFC bios request!

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by dulu, Jan 10, 2013.

1. dulu New Member

Thanks Received:
    hey there guys...
    just asking if somebody is having a newer version of the vga bios for the FX-795A-TDFC.
    thats my current bios etc
    http://www.imagebanana.com/view/w72jw8r7/bios.gif
    xfx is not sharing any infos about bios version so i thought about asking here...
    trying to break the 950mhz in oc.. but card is crashing... thought a new bios might help

greets
    dulu
  2. Zubasa

Zubasa

Thanks Received:
    No it wouldn't unless the card has a cold bug or something.
    In this case you might need to increase the voltage on the core if the card allows it.
  3. TC-man

TC-man

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

usually, a normal bios update won't fix the issue you are having now with overclocking. Perhaps you need to increase the GPU voltage a bit to get the overclock stable. You can do that with tools like MSI Afterburner which is more safe, because a misflash of the HD 7950 can render the card useless, and you may never be able to recover it by re-flashing it.

Anyway, a fellow Techpowerup forum-member Jstn7477 seems to be able to flash his XFX HD 7950 (XFX FX-795A-TDFC) successfully with the AMD HD 7950 Boost Clock bios, which includes increased voltage and clockspeeds. Personally, I don't recommend it, but if you really want to take the risk to get a higher overclock for your HD 7950, then you can try out that AMD Boost bios for the HD 7950, though at your own risk.
  4. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    With unlocked voltage control in Trixx, i can get my XFX 7950 DD to 1150mhz core (xfire heat only allows me 975 for <80 degree heat). BIOS is not your problem, voltage is.
  5. dulu New Member

Thanks Received:
    thx for quick replies...
    once i tried to flash the boost bios on my card and it softbricked...
    ill try to oc with more voltage... thx for advise

greets
  6. RCoon

RCoon Forum Gypsy

Thanks Received:
    In approx 5 hours I'll be available on the TPU Teamspeak 3 server if you require any assistance overclocking that 7950. 1150 core and 1350 memory on about 1.18v was my sweet spot.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  7. dulu New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks i really appreciate your help but i wont have time :/