1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GA-78LMT-S2 ECC RAM support?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by L'Eliminateur, Jul 17, 2014.

1. L'Eliminateur

May 22, 2010
    80 (0.04/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Hello guys,
    i'm wondering if this Gigabyte motherboard supports ECC RAM, i haven't had any experience with Gigabyte AMD platforms so i can't compare from past models.
    the spec sheet doesn't mentions ECC at all: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4311#sp

In the user manual the bios section does not show any mention of ECC config.

i do have a couple Asus AMD motherboards and both of them support ECC (all AM3 CPUs are ECC enabled and in the spc sheets it clearly states that it supports ecc/non-ecc ram) and have the necessary ecc config in the BIOS, in fact i have one of them running with ecc ram no problem, sadly they're quite old models: M4a785T-M (and m4a785-m) and are not available anymore(would be perfect, they where cheap, with 4 dimm, plenty sata, pcie ports and even pata).
    (then there's the issue of availability in my country of different products and cheap amd cpus which is almost null)
  2. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Apr 19, 2012
    10,221 (7.73/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Gypsyland, UK
    No, I see no specific mention of ECC support in any of the manuals.