1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gainward Announces Single-PCB Version of GeForce GTX 295

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Jun 17, 2009.

1. malware New Member

Thanks Received:
    Gainward just became the next major company from NVIDIA's list of partners, to offer single PCB version of the well known dual-GPU GeForce GTX 295 graphics monster. Gainward has decided to use the NVIDIA reference design for this card, and only decorate the stock cooling with its own stickers. Clock speeds are also set to the reccomended minimum of 576 MHz for the core, 1242 for the shaders and 2016 MHz for the 1792 MB of on-board GDDR3 memory. The card is PhysX and CUDA ready, and can be paired with another one to work in Quad SLI mode. Gainward will ask around 450 Euro when the card becomes available later this month.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Source: TechConnect Magazine

2. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    Is there any real reason for doing this? Putting two gpus on the same pcb instead of just using the oldschool two pcb design, I mean.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Especially since the two pcb design is cheaper, at least around here.

4. zubai New Member

Thanks Received:
    I like it, plain black beast instead of over-the-top sticker.

5. kyle2020 Guest

Cheaper manufacturing costs and better cooler designs results from single PCB releases.

6. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    That may not be the final aspect of the card ....

And it`s silly ... i expected GAINWARD to come up with a custom version ...

7. Phxprovost

Phxprovost Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    i would rather have the dual pcb version, seeing how its not saving you any money anyway. the dual pcb version is a solid card and i love it, this looks like a cheap plastic version to be honost

8. kyle2020 Guest

I would personally rather have this model as aftermarket coolers will be easier to source for it. No resorting to £100+ waterblocks.

9. MRCL

MRCL

Thanks Received:
    Gainward has a dual pcb 295; which I intend to buy.

10. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    A single pcb card might work better , the temps can be lower with two standard fans , But that fan is actually between the GPU`s , hope i`m not wrong . I find that to be a little " retarded " :| . But really i expected the GAINWARD card to be like the GTX260 216 GS , or Palit`s SONIC ( same thing ) . But i guess they realized that cooling method is not needed , since the GTX 275 custom version , with custom heatsink and fans has the same temps like the refrence card . So no more innovation ... no more overclocking headroom without using water cooling . I wonder what BFG is doing right now :)

11. kyle2020 Guest

They set it up so that there are heatpipes and a slab of fins above each core that then gets air blown down and into by the central fan.

12. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    uhm ... Arctic cooling discontinued the sh**y products , and started to bring some good cooling solutions to the market . Hope i see this card with a " ACCELERO EXTREME COOLER " . I do believe cooling the gpu`s together will help to drop the temps down a bit . And it will be cheaper than the waterblock .. half the price maybe .

13. kyle2020 Guest

Well theres an Acellero 4870X2 cooler, so no doubt one for the 295 will be released. That will be less than half the price of a waterblock too, if you factor in buying an entire loop.

14. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Cost-cutting.

Dual-PCB version won't be produced anymore. The purpose of designing this card is to make selling GTX 295 a worthwhile venture. This card has the same power circuitry. Reviewers are finding that it actually runs cooler.

15. werez

werez New Member

Thanks Received:
    i tried to picture just that . It would be sexy as hell . Because next gen GPU`s are just around the corner i won`t be buying a 295 . No way ... my HD4870 is still hanging in there ...

"Dual-PCB version won't be produced anymore. The purpose of designing this card is to make selling GTX 295 a worthwhile venture. This card has the same power circuitry. Reviewers are finding that it actually runs cooler."

Remember the 9800GX2 ? :) History in the making ...
    I can still find that card in my country .. the galaxy version is around 250 EUR .

16. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Reference cards usually come first, then the custom stuff. It's very likely Gainward and other manufacturers will come out with different designs if Nvidia allows them to.

17. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    What history? It's the same GTX 295, only made differently.

18. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    is they expect good sells and challenge EVGA , maybe
    also the card look like mine 4870 , "Gainward ATI GTX 295"