1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Galaxy GTX 560 SE V2 1536 MB Stuttering problem

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by halfdevil, Nov 30, 2012.

1. halfdevil New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

First of all my specs,

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
    Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo
    4 GB DDR2
    Galaxy GTX 560 SE V2 1536 MB
    Cooler master 600W

I have been encountering some extremely annoying stuttering and lag in all of the games like.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, Hitman Absolution, Batman Arkham City etc...

The problem is that the game starts well but after 20-30 secs the stuttering starts and it persist even I restart the game.

This stuttering persist even in low settings

I have tried with the following drivers.

I know my system spec is not that good but still I should be able to play games in low settings.

Please help.
  2. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Sounds very much like it is something other than the game causing the stuttering, which is usually the issue.

When I have this issue, restarting usually resolves it. You might need to check all of your active programs.

The first step would be to start the game, alt-tab out, bring up taskmgr, sort by CPU, and find out what is spiking to cause this.

And yes, it can still cause problems on multi-core systems, because for some reason when something spikes like that, it isn't forced to another core sometimes.
    halfdevil says thanks.
  3. Jstn7477

Jstn7477

Thanks Received:
    The Core 2 Duo and DDR2 might be holding you back. My 3.06GHz Pentium Dual Core was maxed out while playing Minecraft and Team Fortress 2 (overclocked to 3.8GHz even), so I can't imagine what it's like running newer AAA titles. A good graphics card doesn't mean anything when the CPU is bogged down, as the CPU is what "feeds" the GPU all the data.

Like 3870x2 said, check your software first though. I'm just offering my insight from when I played with my Core 2 machines that I still have.
    halfdevil says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU More than 25k PPD
  4. halfdevil New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for ur reply,

I have checked it and there was no process with high processor usage only the pro evolution soccer exe which sits at the top.

CPU usage was around 30-40% and memory about 25%
  5. halfdevil New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for ur reply,

Before this Gfx card I had a Galaxy GTX 460 which got bricked and they have replaced it with
    this card,

I have played almost all games with high settings with the GTX 460 but I'm not able to play even in low settings with this card :banghead:

Are there any tool which I can use to check whether this card is working properly?