1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Galaxy Tab: Apple screws over Samsung and customers in Germany

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by qubit, Sep 10, 2011.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Mods: I'm not sure if this actually belongs in the news section. Also, BTA may want to do his own take on this. :cool:

[​IMG]

TGDaily

2. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yeah let apple does what they want, just make them satisfied until they hit the karma

3. qubit

Thanks Received:
    When Jobs goes, I hope they'll lose that awful control freakery and become like a normal company. Jobs is the reason I can't stand the company.

Note that I don't personally wish him Ill though and I wish he could be cured of his cancer, an awful disease. I just don't like his evangelizing/reality distortion/control freakery style of leadership.

billcat479 and AlienIsGOD say thanks.
  4. billcat479

billcat479 New Member

Thanks Received:
    All the major players in the PC business have acted exactly like the oil and railroad tycoons on the mid to late 1800's. They used their methods almost to the letter in bullying, outright threats and backstabbing and putting their competitors out of business.
    I wish the U.S. could clone T. Roosevelt.
    He broke up the lock they had on those monopolies and we need, not only the U.S. but the world needs someone with the backbone to take them apart and break them up starting with Microsoft and Apple and intel and making sure rules are in place to stop things like this from happening again and again. The real hammer blows are in Europe where they arn't going to let these guys get away with what they are doing in the U.S. and this is really a shame and spells corruption in the U.S. on a large scale.
    Microsoft ran their business just like the Mafia ran their business with very little differences.
    The end user is the one that gets screwed in the long term as always.

5. gaximodo

gaximodo New Member

Thanks Received:
    lol? No comments on how sumsang copies pretty much everything apple have released? Oh wait, they do that ALL the time and it is the only reason why their laptop/phone divisions exsits

6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    Not sure if troll

or Apple fanboy

or both

7. f22a4bandit

f22a4bandit

Thanks Received:
    I don't understand how this decision even came about. As stated, the Samsung Galaxy Tab and the Apple iPad 2 have different physical specifications, 10.1" compared to 9.7" respectively. I personally don't think the two look alike at all, but again this proves that anyone can sue about anything. That really sucks for Samsung and Germany, the Samsung Galaxy is a great tablet device.

8. LDNL

LDNL

Thanks Received:
    iSmug

9. Winston_008

Winston_008

Thanks Received:
    Why oh why did you have to dig up this necro thread

10. qubit

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the update. :toast: Yes, it looks like a little firmware update got round Apple's silly patents. :D