1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Game patches not working!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Aksh_47, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi guys im having problems with installing patches for games like Crysis 2, Ghost recon FS etc.. i wanted to update GRFS to 1.5 so that my low frame rates would go up, but it always says the game needs to be installed.. similar things happen with Crysis, i wanted to install patch 19 and then apply blackfire mod, but it also says game not installed.. whereas i do have all games installed.. this is happening for several games like GTA IV, sleeping dogs etc.. here are some errors that updates show.. and behind you can see that the game is installed.

Attached Files:

2. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Did you try reinstalling?

It's very likely there's corruption in the registry.

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Tried running Check Disk ?, just to see if there is errors on the HDD(s).

4. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yes i did try reinstalling but doesnt help.. ill try doing a disk check.

5. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    Either you're using a pirated version, the game is not installed properly or has corrupted installation or you're not using the correct patch. Sometimes games have different patches for UK english and US english. They also don't tell you a lot of times why they actually failed to be applied.

6. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I just noticed that both of those screen shots show D: instead of C:. Are you installing to D: or installing to C: and moving it to D:?

Aksh_47 says thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  7. puma99dk|

puma99dk|

Thanks Received:
    some patches can't figure out if u change the game folder, than they comes up with an error, bcs they search automaticly where they r suppose to be installed to make it easier for the end-user to install the patch but that can give some problems like this.

INSTG8R says thanks.
  8. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I always install games to drivers other than the OS drive.. could that be the reason? Is it necessary to have them in the OS drive only to patch?

9. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think that is the problem guys.. i uninstalled crysis2 it from D: and installed it to C: and the patch immediately started.. but too bad my C drive is only 40 GB :(

10. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    if you move game installations around, you might have to update the install location stored in the registry. start regedit, search for the old folder name, and update it.

usually programs place their entries somewhere under hkey_local_machine\software or hkey_current_user\software

Aksh_47 says thanks.
  11. Aksh_47 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Thank you guys many of the paches have started working.. can someone help me with modding crysis 2? i followed this thread : http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=71027
    after doing everything, i launched the game.. but i just get a black screen along with the cursor.. nothin else.. and there is sound in the background.. i can here the nvidia thing which comes at start up.. main menu sound is also there.. but no display.. i dont think its a prob of my GPU.. ive got a GTX 560.. just to let ull know.

12. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    If any patches dont want to install due to a non-defaul installation directory, just place the patch .exe in the same folder as the installation. Worked for me when I had the prbolem with Crysis 1

13. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    You can't just move folders around once you install the games. No wonder nothing works. You have to leave it where it is, if not, uninstall and reinstall to some other location.