1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gamer dies after presumably playing Diablo III for 3 days

Discussion in 'Games' started by Black Panther, May 25, 2012.

1. Avelict

Avelict

Thanks Received:
    lol. I bet he's up in that big gaming coffeehouse in the sky looking down on us thinking, "Jokes on you bitches, my internet doesn't go down like a dime store hooker."

2. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Enlist. :D

3. Black Panther

Black Panther Senior Moderatorâ„¢ Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It's not 'a game', it's the moment when the game makes you reach a certain mental status where you're not gaming any more but living the game. I call it 'immersion' but probably there's more to it. ;) Only the best games ever give that feeling - where other people have to be careful if they disturb you, lest you continue the gameplay in real life.

4. Animalpak

Animalpak

Thanks Received:
    I wonder what PC setup had this " gamer ".

5. Capitan Harlock

Capitan Harlock

Thanks Received:
    that is dont have autocontrol of yourself and its a very very bad thing , ok is cool enjoy yourself with a good game but i dont play for die , i think is very very sad , the guy have health problem but with one problem or another stay in front of a pc for too much time is not good , work is a thing ,play games is another

Black Panther says thanks.
  6. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    What really gets me, is the way that the other players just didn't give a shit. Well worth a :nutkick:

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  7. the54thvoid

the54thvoid

Thanks Received:
    I work in (manage) a health and fitness environment. Recently in another of our sites someone died coming out of a sauna. A month before that another person died in the actual gym. Last year, again, another person died in a gym (I should add 16 different sites with tens of thousands of users).

Unfortunately people die (often quite unexpectedly, irrespective of physiological health) and it seems to be the prerogative of the press to find something to blame to garner the greatest readership.

Last time I heard the only certain thing in life is death. It's amazing it still surprises us.

8. lilhasselhoffer

lilhasselhoffer

Thanks Received:
    Death figures for the US: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/cats/births_deaths_marriages_divorces.html

I don't see video games, but I see accidents and cirrhosis. Both of these things are, in large part alcohol related. Where is the media on covering that?

Oh, wait. They are competing with video games and the internet for a share of future media consumption, not the alcohol industry. Heck, booze even offers gorey crashes and a perennial stream of stories.

Wake me when people are no longer stupid, but this still happens. As it stands, people losing their lives due to obsessions is frequent. This obsession was gaming, but it could have just as easily been gambling, thrill seeking, drinking, or any other activity. Of course, this argument doesn't even address the media bias that's probably at play here...

Black Panther says thanks.
  9. RuskiSnajper

RuskiSnajper

Thanks Received:
    I can't sit down for more than 2 days ... i get nervous and one time i got the breaking point where i didn't went for almost 3 days and my thinking was diluted, i get upset, and i had too much energy that though i would blow up, when I ran for the first few KMs i got very angry, found a tree on the side of the road and my hands just wanted to pull the tree out of the ground, the force that was building up in mussles was getting to the boiling point ... + no fitness for 1 week, never again:banghead:

To get the moving fix i must not eat anything prior ... orelse i can't do anything, would just become lazy. If i do snacks, it's normal food from fridge and a TON of yougurts, it's not real snacks.

So no ... i don't do marathons, it's mindfuck.:banghead:

10. D007

D007

Thanks Received:
    Except excercise..lol.... Man you have to do something.. People die from sitting for too long, you get blood clots, you get bed sores. NO ONE should let themself become that kind of person.. You just waste away.
    Binge all you want, play for a week straight at 17 hours or more a day.. but at least every week or every couple weeks try to get out, walk, do something... BATHE.... I know some people with serious hygeine issues who game like this... It's disgusting and just plain bad for your health. Plagues have started start by living in your own filth..
    Only person in this world who can look after you, is you.. Don't expect anyone else too.

11. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    thats not about the game
    many person die from accidents, natural disaster, sports etc
    but in this case i guess he push himself too much
    too much sitting is not good, less sleep is not good

12. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    So he literally died of frustration because of how awful inferno is?

Now lets hope Blizzard fixes it before too many people rage and start going crazy or something

13. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I imagine Gabe Newell could easily die while sitting at his desk poring over Valve game and/or Steam coding, but ultimately the cause of it would be the way he's neglected healthy diet and exercise routines over the years.

14. n-ster

Thanks Received:
    yes, but I bet the difficulty of inferno of DIII made him stress out a lot.... I mean getting past ACT 2 is soooooo hard