1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Games Coming for Nokia N-Series Phones

Discussion in 'News' started by error_f0rce, Aug 30, 2007.

1. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nokia is bringing games to their current and future N-series cell phones. The new service entitled "N-Gage" will provide gamers with download access to applications, games, challenges and contests. Games are priced from $8-$10 and are currently compatible with N73, N81, N95 series, N93 series and more coming.

[​IMG]

Source: IGN

2. JacKz5o New Member

Thanks Received:
    I never was a big fan of the N-Gage.. tried it out at an EB Games several years ago and games were laggy, ran at like 15FPS, and pretty much unplayable.

3. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    It will be interesting to see what improvements they've made since then. It would be a very poor business decision to market a product fitting the description you've given.

4. Demon_82

Demon_82

Thanks Received:
    I curently own the first generation N-Gage, and it's not that bad, probably at that expo the phone in test wasn't finished or the software was a trial version. And obviously the newer N-Gage enabled phones are much powerfull than my old rock.

5. Seany1212

Seany1212

Thanks Received:
    I had the N-gage for nearly a year and the games arent as bad as you describe, me and my mate used to play FIFA 2005, Colin mcrae rally and Tom clancy ghost recon, all great games and worked great on multiplayer.

What, could they not come up with something new? :shadedshu

6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I for got all about the N-Gage & now i remember that my mate had one of the last models but i think he traded it in for something else. totally enjoyed Sonic on that thing, but seriously if u want to game get a DS or PSP

7. Schmuv New Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys forget that we're not talking about the N-Gage device here, but about a service that makes these games run on "regular" cellphones, which is imo a nice idea...

8. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    "regular" NOKIA cellphones (and only the latest and most expensive i would presume)

9. error_f0rce

error_f0rce New Member

Thanks Received:
    Correct, they took the name of the old device and named the new "service" the same thing.... trying to continue with a familiar name is my guess. The article did say that the newer phones were going to be coming with the software installed already, but that it can be downloaded onto phones that don't have it.... but yeah, probably not the older ones. :ohwell:

10. Wile E

Wile E Power User

Thanks Received:
    I had the original N-Gage. The games for it were ok, but not that great. But, there is a Nintendo emulator you could get for it. I mostly played nintendo games on it. Blaster Master, ftw! lol

11. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    They tried to break in on the GB/GBC/GBA sector and failed miserably at it. They did have some very interesting games though.

12. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    I dont think "regular" fones quite descibes it - Mobile fones also have 3d accelerators made for them & not ALL fones have it so id say only "SELECTED" fones will be able to run the service

http://ati.amd.com/buy/promotions/lgphone/index.html

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/0,1000000091,39147274,00.htm

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/hardware/0,1000000091,39147365,00.htm