1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Games start up in weird resolutions/don't work/don't have a drop menu for resolutions sometimes

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by Tekelectric, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Tekelectric

Thanks Received:
    Sometimes when I start up my computer, my games start up weirdly. Counter Strike:Global Offensive gives me a D3d error and I know that's because of my card due to the fact it this happens in every game. 1.6 starts in 1920x1080 which is not the resolution I want. When I try to alter the video settings, it doesn't change it. After a restart, everything goes back to normal. What I saw is that my Action Center said there was errors that related to my video card. I wanted to post the dumps here to see if anyone can figure it out but the message for it has disappeared and I don't know where to look for error logs. Anyone got a solution?

2. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    I recommend first uninstalling your Nvidia drivers through the control panel. Then use a driver sweeper like CCleaner's registry cleaner, then reinstall newest drivers.

3. Tekelectric

Thanks Received:
    Ok, but should I install the actual software called "Driver Sweeper" or use CCleaner's?

4. sttubs

sttubs

Thanks Received:
    I use CCleaner & have had great luck with it. http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download Choose the free version and use the registry cleaner. It will ask if you want the regisrty backed up. I've never backed mine up & have had no problems. CCleaner is also great at cleaning cache & temporary files out.
    Let us know how it works afterwards.

5. Tekelectric

Thanks Received:
    Same problem ._.

6. FX-GMC

FX-GMC

Thanks Received: