1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Games with the best graphics!

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1nf3rn0x, May 14, 2011.

1. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Nah, I still can't find it. Steam loves region coding like on DVDs, w*nkers. :mad::nutkick: If you're outta the zone, it just pretends that the product doesn't exist when you search for it.

Now, have a look at those download links on the site you pointed to. Does it look like it's the same thing as you've got on Steam? I can't see anything about payment there either, hence I surmise that it's free. The odd thing is that when something is free, they usually like to tell you and fairly loudly too, but here there's nothing.

2. micropage7

micropage7

Thanks Received:
    yep dead space 2. i ve read some review and it said the graphic is pretty nice

3. Asylum

Asylum

Thanks Received:
  4. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    patch wont be out for a few weeks, itd still DX9, max;)

5. crazyeyesreaper

crazyeyesreaper Chief Broken Rig

Thanks Received:
    shogun II is DX11 and has been for over a month no idea where the hell youve been lol the patch released a long while back it was massive and causes issues for alot of ppl which then resulted in a smaller patch that fixed a couple things broke more stuff lol now theres another big patch in the works

That said DX11 all settings maxxed out Shogun II looks damn sexy especially with alot of soldiers on screen. problem is to run those settings and get a decent frame rate you need 2x 580s or 2x 6950s to even get 40fps games more demanding then Metro 2033

Last edited: Jun 4, 2011
    Velvet Wafer says thanks.
  6. Pjokerxp_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Natural Selection 2 Uses the most of you hardcore hardware to date..

this game uses Lua engine and all are C++ codes. its a steam game that has online only no single player.

this game has the best GFX to date because its gfx all dynamic no static photoshopped crap from 2005.

Dynamic Lights, Dynamic Shadows even dynamic Infestation. and this the only game in the world that is RTS + FPS altogether.

one round take you more than 35 mintues to complete if there are 5 Vs 5 players playing Aliens against Mariens.

Also this game has map editor and engine editor for free when going to TOOLS menu on steam client. and you can use what you created on a public server and play with othes on the net.

This game is massive and once you get the hang of it... check it out

http://www.naturalselection2.com/

D007 says thanks.
  7. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    nah that dosent make it best

Crysis the original was all dynamic as well and makes the above look like shit

and yea that above game is photoshopped crap lol every game is because all textures normal maps ambient occlusion maps glow maps. etc are from photoshop lol just busting your balls but yea

Crysis looks better and is also dynamic lighting shadows etc.

Velvet Wafer and Pjokerxp_ say thanks.
  8. Pjokerxp_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    Battlefield will use Defered Rendering which is mostly created and done for consoles.

nothing new here... bf is nothing compared to games that uses forward rendering which is more powerfull than defered rendering.

9. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i have the feeling you have no idea what your talking about in relation to game engines and how they function

that said
    Crysis Extreme mod
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Pjokerxp_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    i am not making NS2 head to head with crysis! we all know crysis is a powerfull engine.. but still no game is using their engine... only one game as i recall and its name is "Drug Wars" in 2008.

NS2 is all dynamic real time. for online experience to the max. which all games besides crysis dont have in its online.

11. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    and yet its dynamic and looks worse then Bad Company 2 in DX9 mode it has nice features and could make for a damn good game engine but it remains to be seen.

but 5v5 isny online experience to the max. if i wanted 5v5 type gameplay id go back to linking the original console titles from 2000-2005 lol

as for Forward rendering vs Deffered Rendering read the blog here
    http://graphicrants.blogspot.com/2008/08/deferred-rendering.html

Forward Rendering is superior but its also worthless in a real time enviroment once you start upping the graphics

example large view distances multiple light sources etc add in tessellation, and destruction

the more light sources the more draws that have to be made as a light hits an object more objects aka pieces means more extra light draws means performance drops theres a reason very few game engines use Forward Rendering and theres a reason that the above engine used in that game you posted probably wont see any form of adoption

as for Crysis yes its online has all the same things you see in single player the config used above is a simple file edit and it works online. it also offers larger scale fights then NS2 and then some.

not trying to jump down your throat but theres many ways to render a polygon some are better for games then others full forward rendering isnt that great. Its wasteful and thats why its not used often.

Pjokerxp_ says thanks.
  12. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    you ever heard of "entropia universe?" its probably worth more than your sad ass;)

Pjokerxp_ says thanks.
  13. Pjokerxp_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    yes this not a shooter game... it is an Real time strategy with FPS.

and no other game in the world has that... so i dont think you know what i mean but if yuo want to understand more here is a couple of videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0BoZVE0czQ

14. Pjokerxp_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    there is something wrong with this forum it constantly tells me to refresh? why? and when i do i see more of you post

15. Pjokerxp_ New Member

Thanks Received:
    yeah am not into games monthly payments! i already have bill to pay and am not gioing to pay monthly bills just to play game.

16. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    i understand all to well its a mix genre that dosent mean anything to me

because in reality you can mix whatever i can make a battle of 150v 150 men in Gamebryo Game engine aka Fallout New Vegas mod with rockets and nuclear warheads it still looks better and runs better

point is im well aware of what the game engine can do

my point is no real developer will be LIMITED by a game engine game engines are ment to be adapted and changed

good example Look at Call Of Duty its based on the Quake 3 engine with its base code written in 1999 its now 12 years old.

another example Unreal Engine 4 in development is an updated 3.0 which is updated 2.5 which is based on 2.0 which saw the first game using it released in 2002

basically put any game engine can be used for any kind of game it all depends on the tools available and the developers willingness

example UE3 can be used for a stradegy game but it usually isnt. if you get what im saying your really only limited by the knowledge you have of the game engine

i could say that NS2 is far behind Frostbite or Cry Engine 2

Frostbite offers destructable enviroments with BF3 and the new game allows for skyscrappers to tumble to the city streets with the streets themselves able to crack and open up with the tremors from such things.

overall a game engines limitations are the developers limitation NS2 is a decent engine but what they used it for anyone could use any other game engine to do if they felt up to it.

another example

the EGO / Neon engine from codemasters originally developed for GRID, Dirt, etc was updated and revamped for DX11 and was also used in 2 FPS games so they went from the Racing genre to FPS. again any game engine can be used to run any kind of game. just takes time and resources. ;)

Pjokerxp_ says thanks.
  17. Velvet Wafer

Velvet Wafer New Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont pay, if i play for free, by "sweating" if im in there.... and its one of the few commercial games, i found it worth noting:)

Pjokerxp_ says thanks.
  18. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    Dwarf fortress.. sexy game imo

19. T3kl0rd

T3kl0rd

Thanks Received:
    OMG, the A-10 game appears to really be free, that is a huge dl! I was admiring this game on Steam, gonna check this out!

WoW makes me say wow in proportion to the amount of polygons they used, preferred the pre-Cataclysm look.

Crysis Maximum Edition is nice and there are mods to improve it. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. has a mod to improve it. UTIII looks nice to me, especially after having played all the others. Skyrim and BF3 will inspire awe.

20. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Duke Nukem Forever! :laugh:

21. crazyeyesreaper

Thanks Received:
    yea Duke Nukem Tits an Ass are pretty much unmatched...lolz

22. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Metro 2033

23. TheMailMan78

TheMailMan78 Big Member

Thanks Received:
    Minecraft

24. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    DCS A-10 is not free you still need a key for there download version:ohwell:

25. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    i know someone who actually had to turn the graphics down to play that...