1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gaming at 4K

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by 15th Warlock, Jul 1, 2013.

1. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    I just don't think hardware is ready for 4k gaming quite yet, but with the rise of 4k monitors, prices on non Korean monitors should drop in a year or 2 so that will be good. 1440p is rising up as the new standard for PC gaming.

2. hardcore_gamer

hardcore_gamer

Thanks Received:
    Fabry Perot cavity,AlGaAs-GaAs Heterojunction
    The human eye has one arc-minute of resolution (1/60 degree). The distance from the eye at which a display achieves this angular resolution is the optimum distance to place the display. The optimum viewing distances of 27 inch 1440p display and 31.5 inch 2160p display are 77.42 cm and 60.22 cm respectively. A larger display, at a shorter viewing distance gives a better horizontal viewing angle, or "FOV".

qubit says thanks.
  3. qubit

qubit Overclocked quantum bit

Thanks Received:
    Ok, I get you: you can put the monitor closer before you see the pixel structure hence a better FOV as it fills your view field more. That makes sense and is a decent benefit of a higher res display.

Normally when one talks about FOV they mean the view angle set in the game and that's how I understood it. Having more pixels doesn't change this, hence it made no sense. The greater number of pixels would of course simply give a more finely rendered picture.

4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    With higher resolution and smaller pixel density you don't have to use as much AA... So there's that.

5. radrok

radrok

Thanks Received: