1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

gaming keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by imperialreign, Nov 6, 2007.

1. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
  2. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    I think if you have the desktop space it would come in very handy.. though come to think about it your left hand will be very spaced from your right/mouse hand.
  3. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    what about just picking up one of those Bearclaws I think they are called....I remember seeing them in the reviews here a while back!

Sorry got my donuts and keyboards confused, Here is what I was speaking of anyways.....http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Ultron/Clawpad
  4. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    for me right now, it's all about the in-store availability. I'm trying to avoid ordering stuff online for now (Christmas coming up and all . . .).

. . . that's . . . odd . . . :wtf: but, yet . . . interesting.

I'm not quite sure how . . . practical that would be. It seems like it'd be a little overkill.
  5. Chewy

Chewy New Member

Thanks Received:
    there are diff models of things like that, I think idezon makes one... seen other ones like that before with a bit simpler/easier to use layout.
  6. sneekypeet

sneekypeet Unpaid Babysitter Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Thats what I was gettin at was just to use that type of setup instead of replacing the whole keyboard....just the link I posted was the one I deffinately knew where to find as an Idea!!!!!
  7. mytiggertiger Guest

8. DaMulta

DaMulta My stars went supernova

Thanks Received:
    My next keyboard will glow in the dark:)
  9. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    For gaming I use a:

Microsoft Basic Keyboard 1.0A

*OOh! It's a Thai model!!

EXXXTREME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rockout:
  10. LonGun

LonGun New Member

Thanks Received:
    I used to have one of these. And honestly, it wasn't for me. The keys on it weren't comfortable when typing. The look in real life isn't as it shows on the picture, in another word, ugly plastic. Its size is kind of weird big. The software came with it isn't useful because not many of the games will support it. So I spent alittle more on the G15, which served me very well.
  11. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Seriously though I love Razer products. I use on of thier mouses. Once this ol' keyboard wears out (which it won't) I'm getting the Razer keyboard, speakers, and fans!
  12. NeoCrisis

NeoCrisis

Thanks Received:
    Logitech G15 gaming board hands down... or the G11 if you dont wanna spend as much money.

18 programmable Gkeys LCD screen with game supported info and the keys light up blue
    it also has a gaming mode where you can turn off that annoying windows button.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  13. imperialreign

imperialreign New Member

Thanks Received:
    I honestly like the idea of it and all, and believe it would prob work well - but, the one thing I thought of after reading the review, was that I don't really want another peripheral on an already cluttered desk. It'd be much easier to make room for an oversize keyboard, instead of having to rearrange things for gaming.

:laugh: that's a big selling point for me right now is backlighting. I do all my gaming in the dark, and fumbling for that blasted specific key with only the glow of the monitor and the rig is a pain in the rear!

hmmm . . . although they look decent, I'm kinda looking for at least having the numpad on the left side of the board, mostly because I don't use the blasphemous WASD or ESDF setups. The board doesn't even have to have a 'gaming control' setup like the MERC, just a left sided numpad would be great - plus a backlit board.