1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gaming mic and headset

Discussion in 'Games' started by GLeN, Oct 31, 2007.

1. GLeN New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm sick of using my mic which gives terrible feedback and loops the audio of the speakers, and also getting slapped for having the speakers up to loud trying to hear footsteps when playing cs :laugh: So its time to get a headset w/ mic. So what headsets are durable and sound good? Ive broken about 4 headsets by dropping or standing on them but this time i will be more careful. So just find the cheapest of eBay? What ones do you all have?
  2. Namslas90 New Member

Thanks Received:
    The cheaper ones just end up breaking faster. My son has gone through 5 (he's on #6) of the Logitech Gamers headsets. Spend a few more dollars and go for a Plantronics.

Link Here.

:toast:
  3. nick_1992

Thanks Received:
    well i have the microsoft lifechat LX-3000 and i really like it and its only $55 CAN
  4. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    i use these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106070
    the clarity is awesome aside from not having to unplug anything anymore just switch between 5.1 and headset in windows they are really bassy if you turn the bass boost on but still manage to sound clear unlike alot of headsets

there really comfortable and the cord is super long which is nice
  5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
  6. -1nf1n1ty-

Thanks Received:
    if your willing to spend some money go for the razer barracudas.....but be aware that the headset is made out of CRAP but still great sound
  7. Sh3ngLong New Member

Thanks Received:
  8. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    i use the Sennheiser PC155's. couldn't be happier. the sound quality is the best i've ever heard from headphones/headsets, the mic is great, and you can use it with your soundcard or usb.
  9. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    Though, if you're on a budget or rather going cheap as you cannot justify spending oodles on a headset, this will do:

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/111651

I picked one of these up as a temporary replacement for my old sound recording/studio set that got broken in a shipping move.

So far they've yet to break in six months, the bass/low frequency is noticeable, they adjust well (ergonomic) on your head, there's no required software, the ear padding is cushy, they block out a considerable amount of sound while wearing them, the microphone works 100%, the microphone has it's own ON/OFF toggle button, and it comes with volume control on the unit itself.
    GLeN says thanks.
  10. GLeN New Member

Thanks Received:

They look great and are in my price range Thanks mate