1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gaming motherboard???

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by maijaron, Jun 8, 2013.

1. maijaron New Member

Thanks Received:
    finally carry on from my thread! i am actually new and getting started to this board, Just had my birthday and wanna get me a new pc for that. I love to play ego shooters like crysis. I just got new sennheiser headphones last month. Now i am just looking for a perfect motherboard that will lead to the best audio quality?

I am having INTEL CORE i5 i have mid-range budget, i do not mind 4GB Ram, graphic should be really fascinating too! and mostly it has to be power saving.
  2. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    A few questions-

1. Where are you located/Where will you be buying from?
    2. What other things do you plan on using the computer for?
    3. What is your definition of "mid-range budget"? A actual price range, like $100-120 dollars, is what I actually need to know.
    4. Which core I5 CPU are you planning on using? sandy bridge, ivy bridge, or haswell? Tell us a model number.
    5. What size and resolution monitor do you plan on using with the computer?

We need all this information to make proper recommendations for your new computer build.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Any links to some reviews that show that this actually has good audio quality that is not some kind of marketing?
    de.das.dude and cadaveca say thanks.
  4. maijaron New Member

Thanks Received:
    board recommendation?

hey guys, sorry for the long break :/

actually i am still thinking of a good motherboard.

Based on the only one mentioned in here I just googled around and found those two reviews:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Biostar/Hi-Fi_A85W/13.html
    http://www.legitreviews.com/article/2104/15/

The first one even mentioned a good audio quality, but thanks to the second one i found out there is no optical output.

I dont know if it is outstanding but at least both are say that the board might be a good foundation for mid class users.

Are there any other thoughts about that? Otherwise is dont see a reason not to try this one :rolleyes:
  5. maijaron New Member

Thanks Received:
    motherboard choice

Ah crazy. you are right :p

@ BarbaricSoul

you are right with the pricing, that what i am thinking of. My processor is Core i5 2320 having 3 ghz, but i dont know what Name it has. It has a socket 1155 AFAIK.

My monitor will be full HD 24 inches screen. thats the most i can put on my desk :)

Any thoughts on that? i would be glad if i could order a board finally. I cant wait to have the system done :cry: