1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gaming mouse skeptic tries a gaming mouse

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by james888, Jun 19, 2012.

1. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I look at reviews for the exact things you list. I guess I already knew what I wanted for shape since using the Copperhead. I also just google search and filter by "discussions" so I can see what people say about their own experiences in various forums. :)

2. KingPing

KingPing

Thanks Received:

I used a G5 (the original) and i loved it till it was time to replace it, then i bought Razer Lachesis which my brother didn't like, a G9 which i hated (used it for a month), a G5 V2, total crap compared to the original, and today a have the perfect combination a Razer Imperator for gaming, and a G500 for everything else.

conclusion: When you like a mouse stick to it, and buy replacements, just in case.

3. phanbuey

phanbuey

Thanks Received:
    Reviews... but you usually are better off going to the store and playing with one before buying it online.

4. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    Gaming mice used to be much better than standard mice due to better sensors. But now even cheapo mice have excellent sensors, so it boils down to what feels good in your hands, and how much $$$ you are willing to spend.

5. Hilux SSRG

Hilux SSRG

Thanks Received:
    A number of years ago I moved up to a MS Sidewinder X8 from MS Explorer 3.0 and still love it. Although, the Explorer is still leaps and bounds greater then a $5-10 mouse.

6. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    theres no proof to back up your claim.

IMO gaming mice are STILL better then standard mice because it has a higher DPI Laser. Also cheap laser mice might not track well on surfaces such as glass. There is still a line drawn in the sand between what makes a gaming mouse and what doesnt.

Then again it all depends on the kind of games you play. you can get some pretty decent 1600DPI though weather or not for gaming is your choice.

7. Pioneer.twelve New Member

Thanks Received:
    The difficulty in finding a mouse that feels right in your hand is the availability of being able to test them out. I haven't wondered into a CompUSA or OfficeMax/Depot in a long time but I don't remember them having mice available to test.

8. v12dock

v12dock

Thanks Received:
    You will soon love the fact that you have to move your mouse less than inch to move the curser all the way across the screen