• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gaming Mouse Upgrade

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit
RAT7 or RAT9... do it! You won't regret it.

I wasn't too impressed with previous Cyborg products (mainly the Cyborg joysticks), they always seemed a bit flimsy and "toyish"... but I have to say, the RAT mouse is in a league of its own. It's built on a thick aluminum frame and is very hefty and solid. You have an interchangeable and adjustable palm rest/pad, interchangeable right (pinky) pad, and two way adjustable thumb rack. You basically dink around with it until it fits your hand and grip style just right.

For the RAT9, battery life is acceptable and charge time is very fast, the only downside is that your computer needs to be on for the battery in the receiver to charge (unless you have an external self-powered USB hub). Mad Catz advertises zero lag on the RAT9 and although I can't positively confirm this, I can say that if there is any lag then I am incapable of detecting it.

I've never been too impressed with the Razor line of mouse(s)(?)... mice, hmm. I have only bought one Razor mouse and took it back within days of purchasing it. So, I can’t really offer much of an opinion on Razors… only that I tried one (I don’t even remember what model, it was one of the high end ones though, I do remember that much) and pretty much hated it. I can, however, offer my opinion on both the wired and wireless versions of the Microsoft Sidewinder as well as the Logitech G9.

For the longest time I used a Microsoft Sidewinder and absolutely loved it. The weight, programmability, and tactile response of the buttons was great. Although a bit superfluous, the LCD screen was a neat feature as well. I really don't have anything bad to say about the Sidewinder and really only moved on to a new mouse because I am a gluten for something new and different.

I bought my wife a Logitech G9 back when it first came out and she went absolutely nuts over it. She saw no value in "gaming" devices like a good mouse or keyboard and would always scoff at the idea of spending money on that stuff. But once she gripped G9 and actually started getting familiar with it was like something clicked in her mind and her whole outlook on "gaming" devices changed. She adored that G9... and later I came to understand why.

My wife and I are similar in far too many ways, one of those being glutens for something new. So one day I was on my way to Micro Center and she yells out "hey, get me a new mouse!" I didn't ask why and simply came home with a wireless Sidewinder for her since I was such a fan of my wired version. She cast the G9 aside like last Christmas' toys and went to town trying the SW out. Again she loved it... but I am personally not a fan of the "charge while you play" concept and especially do not like Microsoft's solution for minding the charging cable while not in use. The wireless SW has a desktop hub that serves as the wireless receiver and the charging cable minder. To charge the mouse you have to uncoil the cable from the receiver and although it isn't a complicate process, it is annoying and cumbersome. It is a plus in the sense that you don't have to cradle the mouse to charge it but it is just a bit of a mess. The cable snaps onto the mouse magnetically, which is actually pretty cool since you don’t have to fumble around with aligning and pushing in a tiny plug. When you are done charging you either have to wrap the cable back up or just shove it out of the way. In my opinion the wireless version doesn't really add anything over the wired version. I also prefer the older wired version's forward/back buttons over the new wireless version. It is a small change and it may just be that I got very accustomed to my wired SW, but the round metal forward/back buttons just feel higher quality than the new wireless version’s rectangular plastic ones. Other than that everything else seems fairly identical between the wired and wireless versions. Quality, weight, sensitivity, and tactile response were all spot on. The MS software and on-the-fly macro programmability were/are all great.

The G9... so when I got my wife her new wireless SW I decided to adopt her G9 for a while for no reason other than to have something different. I have to say that I have never adjusted to a mouse so quickly! It was just so perfect feeling. I couldn't imagine anything better than my SW, but honestly I think the G9 is a better responding product. I can't really pinpoint exactly what it is about it, but I noticed my quick aiming in BFBC2 started to improve instantly. Maybe the G9 is tuned slightly different in the DPI arena or something, I don't really know. I just know that it works better for me... and as far as tactile response it really feels about the same as the SW. The one thing I don't like about the G9 is that the DPI adjustment buttons are in a very awkward position. I can't adjust the DPI without looking at the mouse and really focusing on making the change to where I want it. Although it is nice having 5 DPI settings (vs. 3 with the SW) I did find myself longing for the simple one button switch of the SW. In all fairness, I had to look at the SW too to adjust DPI, but it was a quick one button push to jump to whatever setting I wanted to be at, whereas the G9 you have to tap through the modes to get to the one you want. I know this seems mundane, but I'm trying to pinpoint anything good/bad between the two since they are so similar.

So while I was at Micro Center looking for a new mouse for my wife, I picked up the box for the RAT7 and looked it over. I dismissed it as just another Cyborg product. I wasn't a fan of the Cyborg joysticks and didn't figure a Cyborg mouse would be any better. Later I decided to do some research on it and was surprised to find stunning reviews on the RAT7. Everyone was going on and on about how well built and solid the RAT was and I found myself really wanting to get my hands on one to try it out. Then I read some more on the new upcoming wireless RAT9 with swappable batteries. I almost pre-ordered one on the spot but decided not to. That night I tossed and turned for about an hour wondering how cool the RAT really is... or if it was just a bunch of hype (why I got sleepless over a mouse I don't know... I think I am a certified hardware junkie now). The next evening I did some more searching and reading and came across some high-res photos of the RAT. I couldn't help myself... it is so ugly that it is gorgeous! I went ahead and pre-ordered one. I actually wasn't expecting it until sometime in January and when it showed up around mid-December I savored every moment of opening the packaging. I can't even begin to convey the quality and heft of the RAT9. As far as Cyborg products go, this is in a league of its own.... in fact I think the Cyborg moniker really does the RAT an injustice, but whatever. I'm not going to go on and on about all the features, I think there are plenty of reviews that will cover that. What I can offer is a comparison to the SW and G9 as far as feel and response. The RAT9 beats both the SW and G9 hands down on comfort. I mean, how could it not!? The adjustability of the RAT is probably its best feature. Sure the SW has weight adjustment, and the G9 has interchangeable grips as well as weight adjustment... but neither has the degree of customization as the RAT. The fully articulating thumb rack, interchangeable pinky pad (one of which is more of a cradle for your ring finger and pinky), and interchangeable and adjustable palm pad make the RAT the most ergonomically accommodating mouse on the market (as long as you’re a righty anyways… sorry southpaws). Tactile response of the buttons is every bit as good as the SW and G9, but the "skeleton" design of the RAT means that the RMB and LMB buttons are very exposed and easy to inadvertently click while handling the mouse (most notably the LMB). This is more of an issue with the RAT9 while swapping out batteries since you really have to grab and handle the mouse to change out the battery. I really wish the designers had made the battery easier to get to. It is a bit of a hassle to pull the dead battery out, but gets easier with experience (and is still a heap easier than fumbling with the wireless SW charging cable). Something as simple as a tab to grip on to would have made battery swapping much easier. You also really have to use some force to snap the batteries into the mouse and charger. It is a very snug fit, but I guess that is better than it being a loose sloppy fit. It is possible that the fit loosens up with time after getting a couple hundred swaps done. As for usability compared to the SW and G9, the RAT does not have on-the-fly macro programming like the other two so that is a loss. I still think the G9 has the best tracking of any mouse I have ever used, but I am slowly getting used to the RAT. The RAT's DPI adjustability far surpasses the SW and G9 in that it is programmable in 25 DPI increments and the X and Y axis are programmable independently... which I have yet to take advantage of, but am amazed at having the option nonetheless. The aim (sniper) button on the RAT is a feature that neither the SW or G9 can match so that is a definite plus. The RAT's DPI adjustment button is in the best location of the three models. I can actually switch DPI modes on the RAT without having to look at the mouse. And the aim button significantly reduces how often I need to switch DPI. Another feature the RAT has that the SW and G9 can't compete with is the mode feature. You can switch between 3 modes to remap button functions. Although it is a nice feature I think just having a couple of extra buttons or a macro feature would be just as useful. It is a nice option and can be really useful depending on how you choose to take advantage of it.

So, now that I have written a book here (and successfully chipped away at a good portion of my shift here at work) I guess I'll wrap up. My final opinion is this:

Microsoft Sidewinder: A great gaming mouse! I don't really think the wireless version offers enough of a benefit over the wired version. I think the fumbling with the cord is more of an inconvenience than it is worth. The quality, feel, programmability, and response are all great. But after using the Logitech G9 for a while I now I think the SW is just a bit outclassed on response.

Logitech G9: So similar in almost every way to the Sidewinder... but better! I believe the Sidewinder is built to a bit higher quality than the G9, but the G9 wins hands-down in response. I have never owned a mouse that was so easy to master. Although it could just be that I nailed the DPI tuning to my preference very quickly, I can't help but feel that there is something just about perfect with this mouse. In my opinion the Sidewinder's forward/back buttons are in a better location, but it is really a very small difference. I wish I had bought the G9 a long time ago.

Mad Catz R.A.T. 9: When I am done with this mouse I am going to frame it in a shadow box and turn it into a piece of wall art in my computer room! I'll be short and sweet here... I love this mouse, but I wish it had the G9's response. All things considered, I think the RAT9 beats out the SW and G9 in features. The RAT9 isn't without its cons, but the pros make it all worth it. I still have some more fine tuning with the DPI settings before it feels as intuitive as the G9, but once I get it set I feel the ergonomics and adjustability of the RAT9 will make it the best mouse of the three. I wish it had a macro option and the programming software could definitely be more streamlined and user friendly. Look to the RAT7 if you don't care about wireless, but the battery swapping of the RAT9 is definitely a better setup vs. the wireless version of the Sidewinder. As far as build quality, I think the RAT outclasses both the SW and G9 by a long shot. Mad Catz has done a great job with this mouse and hopefully they will listen to consumer feedback and give us an even better version of the RATs in the future.

Keep in mind that this is all ENTIRELY opinion! MY opinion! I don't typically do reviews on products but I felt I was in a somewhat rare position to offer a layman's comparison between three very high end gaming mice models.

System Name mult1kill
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7
Motherboard GA-AX370-GAMING 5
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory Team Group 32gb 3200mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 2060
Storage Seagate 3TB+ Corsair 120GB SSD+120 ssd smansung 256gb m.2 Samsung 970
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) Sundara JDS Labs Atom
Power Supply FSP HydroG 850W
Mouse WMO
Keyboard Ducky Shine 3
Software Windows10
I bought my razer mamba for 80+ used really good mouse I suggest if you really want it look for a used one on ebay or refurbed one on newegg or buy.com etc...one mans trash is another mans treasure!

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
RAT7 or RAT9... do it! You won't regret it.

I wasn't too impressed with previous Cyborg products (mainly the Cyborg joysticks), they always seemed a bit flimsy and "toyish"... but I have to say, the RAT mouse is in a league of its own. It's built on a thick aluminum frame and is very hefty and solid. You have an interchangeable and adjustable palm rest/pad, interchangeable right (pinky) pad, and two way adjustable thumb rack. You basically dink around with it until it fits your hand and grip style just right.

For the RAT9, battery life is acceptable and charge time is very fast, the only downside is that your computer needs to be on for the battery in the receiver to charge (unless you have an external self-powered USB hub). Mad Catz advertises zero lag on the RAT9 and although I can't positively confirm this, I can say that if there is any lag then I am incapable of detecting it.

I've never been too impressed with the Razor line of mouse(s)(?)... mice, hmm. I have only bought one Razor mouse and took it back within days of purchasing it. So, I can’t really offer much of an opinion on Razors… only that I tried one (I don’t even remember what model, it was one of the high end ones though, I do remember that much) and pretty much hated it. I can, however, offer my opinion on both the wired and wireless versions of the Microsoft Sidewinder as well as the Logitech G9.

For the longest time I used a Microsoft Sidewinder and absolutely loved it. The weight, programmability, and tactile response of the buttons was great. Although a bit superfluous, the LCD screen was a neat feature as well. I really don't have anything bad to say about the Sidewinder and really only moved on to a new mouse because I am a gluten for something new and different.

I bought my wife a Logitech G9 back when it first came out and she went absolutely nuts over it. She saw no value in "gaming" devices like a good mouse or keyboard and would always scoff at the idea of spending money on that stuff. But once she gripped G9 and actually started getting familiar with it was like something clicked in her mind and her whole outlook on "gaming" devices changed. She adored that G9... and later I came to understand why.

My wife and I are similar in far too many ways, one of those being glutens for something new. So one day I was on my way to Micro Center and she yells out "hey, get me a new mouse!" I didn't ask why and simply came home with a wireless Sidewinder for her since I was such a fan of my wired version. She cast the G9 aside like last Christmas' toys and went to town trying the SW out. Again she loved it... but I am personally not a fan of the "charge while you play" concept and especially do not like Microsoft's solution for minding the charging cable while not in use. The wireless SW has a desktop hub that serves as the wireless receiver and the charging cable minder. To charge the mouse you have to uncoil the cable from the receiver and although it isn't a complicate process, it is annoying and cumbersome. It is a plus in the sense that you don't have to cradle the mouse to charge it but it is just a bit of a mess. The cable snaps onto the mouse magnetically, which is actually pretty cool since you don’t have to fumble around with aligning and pushing in a tiny plug. When you are done charging you either have to wrap the cable back up or just shove it out of the way. In my opinion the wireless version doesn't really add anything over the wired version. I also prefer the older wired version's forward/back buttons over the new wireless version. It is a small change and it may just be that I got very accustomed to my wired SW, but the round metal forward/back buttons just feel higher quality than the new wireless version’s rectangular plastic ones. Other than that everything else seems fairly identical between the wired and wireless versions. Quality, weight, sensitivity, and tactile response were all spot on. The MS software and on-the-fly macro programmability were/are all great.

The G9... so when I got my wife her new wireless SW I decided to adopt her G9 for a while for no reason other than to have something different. I have to say that I have never adjusted to a mouse so quickly! It was just so perfect feeling. I couldn't imagine anything better than my SW, but honestly I think the G9 is a better responding product. I can't really pinpoint exactly what it is about it, but I noticed my quick aiming in BFBC2 started to improve instantly. Maybe the G9 is tuned slightly different in the DPI arena or something, I don't really know. I just know that it works better for me... and as far as tactile response it really feels about the same as the SW. The one thing I don't like about the G9 is that the DPI adjustment buttons are in a very awkward position. I can't adjust the DPI without looking at the mouse and really focusing on making the change to where I want it. Although it is nice having 5 DPI settings (vs. 3 with the SW) I did find myself longing for the simple one button switch of the SW. In all fairness, I had to look at the SW too to adjust DPI, but it was a quick one button push to jump to whatever setting I wanted to be at, whereas the G9 you have to tap through the modes to get to the one you want. I know this seems mundane, but I'm trying to pinpoint anything good/bad between the two since they are so similar.

So while I was at Micro Center looking for a new mouse for my wife, I picked up the box for the RAT7 and looked it over. I dismissed it as just another Cyborg product. I wasn't a fan of the Cyborg joysticks and didn't figure a Cyborg mouse would be any better. Later I decided to do some research on it and was surprised to find stunning reviews on the RAT7. Everyone was going on and on about how well built and solid the RAT was and I found myself really wanting to get my hands on one to try it out. Then I read some more on the new upcoming wireless RAT9 with swappable batteries. I almost pre-ordered one on the spot but decided not to. That night I tossed and turned for about an hour wondering how cool the RAT really is... or if it was just a bunch of hype (why I got sleepless over a mouse I don't know... I think I am a certified hardware junkie now). The next evening I did some more searching and reading and came across some high-res photos of the RAT. I couldn't help myself... it is so ugly that it is gorgeous! I went ahead and pre-ordered one. I actually wasn't expecting it until sometime in January and when it showed up around mid-December I savored every moment of opening the packaging. I can't even begin to convey the quality and heft of the RAT9. As far as Cyborg products go, this is in a league of its own.... in fact I think the Cyborg moniker really does the RAT an injustice, but whatever. I'm not going to go on and on about all the features, I think there are plenty of reviews that will cover that. What I can offer is a comparison to the SW and G9 as far as feel and response. The RAT9 beats both the SW and G9 hands down on comfort. I mean, how could it not!? The adjustability of the RAT is probably its best feature. Sure the SW has weight adjustment, and the G9 has interchangeable grips as well as weight adjustment... but neither has the degree of customization as the RAT. The fully articulating thumb rack, interchangeable pinky pad (one of which is more of a cradle for your ring finger and pinky), and interchangeable and adjustable palm pad make the RAT the most ergonomically accommodating mouse on the market (as long as you’re a righty anyways… sorry southpaws). Tactile response of the buttons is every bit as good as the SW and G9, but the "skeleton" design of the RAT means that the RMB and LMB buttons are very exposed and easy to inadvertently click while handling the mouse (most notably the LMB). This is more of an issue with the RAT9 while swapping out batteries since you really have to grab and handle the mouse to change out the battery. I really wish the designers had made the battery easier to get to. It is a bit of a hassle to pull the dead battery out, but gets easier with experience (and is still a heap easier than fumbling with the wireless SW charging cable). Something as simple as a tab to grip on to would have made battery swapping much easier. You also really have to use some force to snap the batteries into the mouse and charger. It is a very snug fit, but I guess that is better than it being a loose sloppy fit. It is possible that the fit loosens up with time after getting a couple hundred swaps done. As for usability compared to the SW and G9, the RAT does not have on-the-fly macro programming like the other two so that is a loss. I still think the G9 has the best tracking of any mouse I have ever used, but I am slowly getting used to the RAT. The RAT's DPI adjustability far surpasses the SW and G9 in that it is programmable in 25 DPI increments and the X and Y axis are programmable independently... which I have yet to take advantage of, but am amazed at having the option nonetheless. The aim (sniper) button on the RAT is a feature that neither the SW or G9 can match so that is a definite plus. The RAT's DPI adjustment button is in the best location of the three models. I can actually switch DPI modes on the RAT without having to look at the mouse. And the aim button significantly reduces how often I need to switch DPI. Another feature the RAT has that the SW and G9 can't compete with is the mode feature. You can switch between 3 modes to remap button functions. Although it is a nice feature I think just having a couple of extra buttons or a macro feature would be just as useful. It is a nice option and can be really useful depending on how you choose to take advantage of it.

So, now that I have written a book here (and successfully chipped away at a good portion of my shift here at work) I guess I'll wrap up. My final opinion is this:

Microsoft Sidewinder: A great gaming mouse! I don't really think the wireless version offers enough of a benefit over the wired version. I think the fumbling with the cord is more of an inconvenience than it is worth. The quality, feel, programmability, and response are all great. But after using the Logitech G9 for a while I now I think the SW is just a bit outclassed on response.

Logitech G9: So similar in almost every way to the Sidewinder... but better! I believe the Sidewinder is built to a bit higher quality than the G9, but the G9 wins hands-down in response. I have never owned a mouse that was so easy to master. Although it could just be that I nailed the DPI tuning to my preference very quickly, I can't help but feel that there is something just about perfect with this mouse. In my opinion the Sidewinder's forward/back buttons are in a better location, but it is really a very small difference. I wish I had bought the G9 a long time ago.

Mad Catz R.A.T. 9: When I am done with this mouse I am going to frame it in a shadow box and turn it into a piece of wall art in my computer room! I'll be short and sweet here... I love this mouse, but I wish it had the G9's response. All things considered, I think the RAT9 beats out the SW and G9 in features. The RAT9 isn't without its cons, but the pros make it all worth it. I still have some more fine tuning with the DPI settings before it feels as intuitive as the G9, but once I get it set I feel the ergonomics and adjustability of the RAT9 will make it the best mouse of the three. I wish it had a macro option and the programming software could definitely be more streamlined and user friendly. Look to the RAT7 if you don't care about wireless, but the battery swapping of the RAT9 is definitely a better setup vs. the wireless version of the Sidewinder. As far as build quality, I think the RAT outclasses both the SW and G9 by a long shot. Mad Catz has done a great job with this mouse and hopefully they will listen to consumer feedback and give us an even better version of the RATs in the future.

Keep in mind that this is all ENTIRELY opinion! MY opinion! I don't typically do reviews on products but I felt I was in a somewhat rare position to offer a layman's comparison between three very high end gaming mice models.

I must say that that was a very informative post. I appreciate the wealth of information you provided. Like I said, I wish there was some way for me to "feel" a display model of them so I can see which feels best you know?

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
I have 2 days off work so Im going to call my local Best Buy to see if they have any mice on dispaly so I can feel them. There is no way in hell I am going to drop 50-130 on a mouse and have it feel wrong.

System Name Good enough
Processor I5 3570k
Motherboard ASrock Z68 Extreme 7
Cooling Megahalem
Memory 16G crucial sport BLS2KIT8G3D1339DS1S00
Video Card(s) 1080 ti strix
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III
Display(s) 3440 x 1440 microboard
Case Lian Li Knockoff ABS black pearl
Audio Device(s) HyperX 7.1
Power Supply Evga SuperNOVA 1600.
Mouse Corsair's newest pos mmo mouse
Keyboard Das with the blue switches.
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores Not really.
Good luck on that, highly unlikely they'll display a high end mouse with removeable parts.

Best think you can do is have some respect for their business and check it out. If you don't like it return it for store credit packaged just like you got it.

I bought a razer carcharias from them and found it to be so inadequate (compared to the prior headset I paid double for) that I brought it back the same night. They had no issue with it, I gave it back to them the same way they sent it out the door.

Another thing I love about best buy is their in store warranties, I never pass those up on gaming products.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Good luck on that, highly unlikely they'll display a high end mouse with removeable parts.

Best think you can do is have some respect for their business and check it out. If you don't like it return it for store credit packaged just like you got it.

I bought a razer carcharias from them and found it to be so inadequate (compared to the prior headset I paid double for) that I brought it back the same night. They had no issue with it, I gave it back to them the same way they sent it out the door.

Another thing I love about best buy is their in store warranties, I never pass those up on gaming products.

Ah, see problem with that is that the closest Best Buy is 2hrs away. So, I can't spend that amount of Gasoline to return a mouse.

System Name Darth Obsidious
Processor Intel i5 2500K
Motherboard ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+ in Push Pull
Memory 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 270x TOP
Storage 128GB Samsung 830 SSD, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Green
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Infrasonic Quartet
Power Supply Corsair HX650w
Software Windows 7 64bit and Windows XP Home
Benchmark Scores 2cm mark on bench with a razor blade.
I guess it all depends whether you like a bulky mouse or a light weight small one.

after that it's how many buttons you like and where you prefer the buttons to be.

As for the dpi setting, personally dpi settings are now through the roof with many gaming mice.

So look for the key factors you need before purchasing a mouse.

I'm still rocking the Logitech MX518 gaming mouse.
Although the dpi change buttons I think are getting dodgy on it even though I rarely used them.

System Name Good enough
Processor I5 3570k
Motherboard ASrock Z68 Extreme 7
Cooling Megahalem
Memory 16G crucial sport BLS2KIT8G3D1339DS1S00
Video Card(s) 1080 ti strix
Storage OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III
Display(s) 3440 x 1440 microboard
Case Lian Li Knockoff ABS black pearl
Audio Device(s) HyperX 7.1
Power Supply Evga SuperNOVA 1600.
Mouse Corsair's newest pos mmo mouse
Keyboard Das with the blue switches.
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores Not really.
Ah, see problem with that is that the closest Best Buy is 2hrs away. So, I can't spend that amount of Gasoline to return a mouse.

2 hours for a mouse, that's some dedication. It's got three adjustable settings and weights, I doubt you'll not be able to find one that works.

Then again, as I mentioned earli, that mamba's surface I hated. I wouldn't have bought it had I been able to test drive it, if I were still using it I'd have taped some contact paper or something on it.

Good luck.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
2 hours for a mouse, that's some dedication. It's got three adjustable settings and weights, I doubt you'll not be able to find one that works.

Then again, as I mentioned earli, that mamba's surface I hated. I wouldn't have bought it had I been able to test drive it, if I were still using it I'd have taped some contact paper or something on it.

Good luck.

Well, when I buy computer components I look at several things.

1. Bang for buck
2. Will I actually use said feature?
3. Co$t
4. DPI
5. Quality of Parts
6. How does it "feel"?
7. Driver interface

smakked

System Name SPAZZ
Processor 2500k @ 4.5gig
Motherboard Gigabyte P67A-UD4
Cooling Coolermaster 212+
Memory 2 x 4 Gig Gskill Ripjaws
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX570 900/2000
Storage OCZ Vertex 2 120gig
Display(s) Samsung 2333SW
Case Antec 300
Audio Device(s) Creative Xfi Extreme
Power Supply Corsair TX750w
Software Windows 7
System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
what to consider when you wanna choose gaming mouse:
1. dpi, which higher is better for gaming its nice to have above 3000 dpi - its included sensor type and polling rate
2. features, like macro button, profile etc - adjustable weight and button included too
3. build, does it feel comfortable for longer gaming with your own style
4. cost (of course except you have money tree :D)
5. the package (what you have in the box)
6. cosmetics (like glowing effect, changeable color etc)

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
If you dont want to spend a lot on a mouse - go for a Logitech G500. I had a G9 but i hated it. the G500 is more comfy to use and the laser engine is the same one as youd get in the G9x. the G500 should be going a lot cheaper now - I bought mine for under £35

Anything over 2000 DPI is just for show. Usual high sens gamers use around 1000-1400 DPI with a 1:1 in-game sensitivity. What is much more important is how the mouse feels to grip, and whether the sensor uses prediction or not.

Philips twin-eye equipped mice are not recommended for low sensitivity or use on soft mats, since it has z-axis tracking issues.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Anything over 2000 DPI is just for show. Usual high sens gamers use around 1000-1400 DPI with a 1:1 in-game sensitivity. What is much more important is how the mouse feels to grip, and whether the sensor uses prediction or not.

Philips twin-eye equipped mice are not recommended for low sensitivity or use on soft mats, since it has z-axis tracking issues.

Until you get into a tank with a slow turret. Then 10,000 DPI ain't enough.

System Name HAL
Processor Core i5 2500K
Motherboard Asus P8P67 Pro Rev3.1
Cooling stock
Memory 2x4GB Kingston 1600Mhz Blu
Video Card(s) Asus 560Ti DirectCuII TOP
Storage Kingston 120 3K SSD,WD Black WD1502FAEX
Display(s) LG 1440x900
Case Chieftec Mesh Midi
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750V2
Software w8
I'd always take Logitech even if other products might be slight better.
I have very good expierience with Logitech service ( mouses in particular ). And I like having good warranty with stuff that's pretty expensive and somehow I don't want to experiment with producs from a company which has very little expierience in the matter.

Sensi Karate

System Name l The '1 pvvn j00 ^oobeh?!? l
Processor l Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHz @ 4.2GHZ l
Motherboard l Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1 l
Cooling Corsair H20 Watercooling l 6 Fans l Thermaltake DualOrb VGA Cooler
Memory l Kingston Hyper X 1066MHZ DDR2 6GB l
Video Card(s) MSI R6870 1GB Twin Frozr II
Storage l OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD l 2x1TB WD Caviar Green 7,200RPM Raid 0 l My Book WD 500G External l
Display(s) l BenQ E2200HD 21.5" HD l
Case l HAF 922 l
Audio Device(s) l Realtek ALC889A l Logitech G35 7.1 Surround Sound Headset
Power Supply Corsair 750W HX
Software l Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit l
Benchmark Scores I ownz tehmz n00bez! >:D
what to consider when you wanna choose gaming mouse:
1. dpi, which higher is better for gaming its nice to have above 3000 dpi - its included sensor type and polling rate
2. features, like macro button, profile etc - adjustable weight and button included too
3. build, does it feel comfortable for longer gaming with your own style
4. cost (of course except you have money tree :D)
5. the package (what you have in the box)
6. cosmetics (like glowing effect, changeable color etc)

CM STORM SENTINEL

1. 5600dpi Dual Lazer
2. 9 Macro'able buttons, Five Profiles with Built in 64KB memory in mouse, 5x4.5g weights on back
3. Very comfortable and comes grooved for your thumb and fits snug in your hand for a large gaming mouse and can be used for many hours, also has a braided cable.
4. Cost is very cheap, in Australia its around $50-$60 and should be similar in America.
5. The package comes with all the basic things you find in a mouse package, such as drivers etc.
6. Has multiple LED lights and also has an OLED screen to change your DPI and other quirky things on the fly.

:)

Most games have separate sensitivity already for tanks and such even old Battlefield titles had this features so there is really no need for 1000000000 DPI mice.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i

Exactly!! My main FPS I play now is BC2. The tank turret is so slow with my mouse on max (2000 dpi), I have to pick up and move the mouse like 3 times for every 90 degrees:(

Hence why Im going after the Razer IronClad:D
http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.219991900/parentCategoryID.35208900/categoryID.35210800

System Name Betty The Dirty Dragon
Processor AMD 8350 @4.8
Motherboard ASUS sabertooth rev 2
Cooling Watercooling - Swiftech GTZ - XSPC RS360 - XSPC RX120
Memory 8GB corsair vengeance cas 9
Video Card(s) 280x 1100core 1600 mem
Storage 240 gb ssd- 2 tb Storage
Display(s) Samsung 24" 2433BW
Case Corsair 650d
Audio Device(s) Xfi Fatality Titanium Pro
Power Supply XFX 850 fully modular
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
logitech g500 gets my vote is at a great price point atm. Also is a great mouse tbh

System Name n.audBl
Processor E8500 @ 3.80GHz
Motherboard ASUS Striker Extreme
Cooling Full liquid (everything except power supply)
Memory 4Gb OCZ DDR2 PC9600
Video Card(s) Dual EVGA GTX 280 SSC Edition
Storage Dual WD Raptor in RAID 0 (300Gb), Dual WD 1Tb Cavair in RAID 1
Display(s) Dell 2407 24" HD+ Widescreen
Case Theraltake Tai-Chi
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Fata1ty (bleh!)
Power Supply Ultra X3 1000W
Software Win 7 64bit

What? No... 1000 dpi is a recipe for some wiley sniper sticking C4 to your tank's arse and you slapping your mouse to the left 20 times to hopelessly try to get a shot on him... Swoosh swoosh swoosh........... Boom

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

I usually have mouse acceleration/sensitivity turned right down or completely off.

My lowest DPI level starts from 3000 and goes up all the way past 4200

but sometimes even 4200DPI aint good enough

Processor Intel i5 2500K
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
I don't know how some people are able to use dpi over 3K.
Did it take you some time to get use to using dpi over 3K?

I find having 1600dpi too much.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't know how some people are able to use dpi over 3K.
Did it take you some time to get use to using dpi over 3K?

I find having 1600dpi too much.

Its all in the mind... after a while you'l get used to moving your hand as little as possible for maximum movement in game, but you need a steady hand and rubbing your nose then putting your hand back on your mouse or sneezing can have disastrous consequences often resulting in one gazing up at the sky ingame.

Up the DPI in windows - I use 3000DPI just to browse the net or my computer. eventually you will get used to it. then after that you wont be able to go back to slower mouses's ever again -- Or you can but it would be an extremely huge annoyance

Processor Intel i5 2500K
Display(s) LG IPS234V-PN
Lol even browsing at 1600dpi is a bit tricky.

Maybe when I need to use 3000dpi constantly I would start using it.
Since I don't play fps, I will stick to the dpi I usually have.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Like i said - its all in the mind - just because you 'think' you need to click on the task bar doesnt mean you need as much effort as a space jump to do it. you need to condition your mind --- say to yourself - "there is no spoon"

---

I use the same DPI settings for my MMO's