• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gates Looses $3 Billion from Personal Fortune in Yahoo Bid; Tech Stocks Plummet

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
The NASDAQ is taking a beating at the moment, I am sure that their "fortunes" are not just taking the beating from the failed Yahoo buyout.

Even so, Gates is worth what? Aoubt 50 Billion? a 3 billion loss is inconsequential.
It's like having $50 and buy 3x $1 lottery tickes and not winning.

actully at last report he is worth 87 billion, now hes only worth 84billion, poor man, my life insurance says im only worth 5grand

rick22

System Name bubba
Processor e something
Motherboard old but good mobo
Cooling my farts
Memory can't find it
Video Card(s) EVGA 250 took a shit..back to my 4850..fk off ati fanboys
Storage i think i have one
Display(s) not sure but it sucks
Case lol my mouth
Audio Device(s) me
Power Supply ass farts
Software that sucks to
Benchmark Scores i'm so fat i sat on the bench and smashed assssit
Gee Mr Gates i don't have any money to help you out but i'll give you a .................................................................. free bump lol:eek:

Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom.{East Anglian Coast
System Name Hells Core.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair hero viii (wifi) x570
Cooling AlphaCool Aurora 420mm
Memory Patriot Viper Gaming RGB Series DDR4 DRAM 4133MHz 32GB Kit
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio 3070
Storage Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 M.2
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Thermaltake Core X71
Power Supply Corsair RM850 80 plus gold
Software Windows 10
He actually noticed 3 billion missing lol thats pocket change to him.

System Name The86
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard ASROCKS B450 Steel Legend
Cooling AMD Stealth
Memory 2x8gb DDR4 3200 Corsair
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage WD Black 512gb, WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24in
Case Raidmax Alpha Prime
Power Supply 700W Thermaltake Smart
Mouse Logitech Mx510
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow 2012
Software Windows 10 Professional
lol tell Mr Gates i found his 3bil, its in my bankaccount and ill only return it for a ransom of 4 billion

ChillyMyst

i want the intrest from his bank accounts for a few days, then i could start my dream buisness......

tiys

Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Brisbane
Motherboard ECS AMD690GM-M2
Cooling Stock for now
Memory 2GB DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Diamond Viper Radeon X1950pro 256MB
Storage WD Caviar SE16 250GB SATA 3Gb/s
Display(s) Acer 17" LCD
Case Still an HP case...if you have one for free/cheap, PM me :)
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Antec NeoPower 550watt
Software Windows XP Home Edition SP2
a pr0n shop?

Processor Intel Q9400
Motherboard asus p5q-pro
Cooling Ultra120
Memory 6GB ddr2
Video Card(s) NVS 290
Storage 3TB + 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung F2380
Case Silverstone Fortress FT02B
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply 750W PC P&C
Software win 7 ultimate 64bit
i want the intrest from his bank accounts for a few days, then i could start my dream buisness......

interest adds to his account monthly and you had his account for the days that he didn't get any interest, so get $0 - ZERO DOLLARS ;)

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
Say hello to the next depression.

first the CEO's and big wigs get hit then more and more you'll see the economy die. or not, i'm just a pessimist when it comes to speculation.

You're not too far off the truth there.

Depression is coming for the Americans. The dollar is continously and rapidly decreasing in value, the national debt has doubled in the last ten years (or less), the spending of the government is at an all time high, the cost of living has risen over 10%, unemployment is on the rise, more and more jobs are being out-sourced, the ratio of import to export is outstanding, and while all this is going on, they're spending a trillion dollars a year overseas attempting to fund all the military bases scattered through the world.

A bulk of this money being spent is actually borrowed from China. The U.S. has been in a recession for decades.

Wow..lol that sounded like a Ron Paul debate, but unfortunatley it's true either way.

Three billion will seem like a penny in the bucket when shit really hits the fan.

ChillyMyst

You're not too far off the truth there.

Depression is coming for the Americans. The dollar is continously and rapidly decreasing in value, the national debt has doubled in the last ten years (or less), the spending of the government is at an all time high, the cost of living has risen over 10%, unemployment is on the rise, more and more jobs are being out-sourced, the ratio of import to export is outstanding, and while all this is going on, they're spending a trillion dollars a year overseas attempting to fund all the military bases scattered through the world.

A bulk of this money being spent is actually borrowed from China. The U.S. has been in a recession for decades.

Wow..lol that sounded like a Ron Paul debate, but unfortunatley it's true either way.

Three billion will seem like a penny in the bucket when shit really hits the fan.

you can thank bush and the republican "concervitive" party for this, their pholosiphy, cut taxes and SPEN SPEND SPEND, oh wait I mean cut taxes for the RICH upper 10% of americans, THEN....SPEND SPEND SPEND, typical dumbass rich people wanting to help their buddys get richer and richer......

also these so called "concervitives" who are "against big government" are the ones who pass laws that allow the govt to spy on its own people and even arrest/detail/imprison/kill then without ever letting the public or anybody out side their loop know.

i am getting more and more disscouraged by the dirrection this countrys headed in, i vote and it dosnt seem to matter, the dumbmasses(masses of the dumb) managed to keep a RETARED IMBREAD in office dispite how horribly he tanked the job the first time around.......thank god for term limmits!!!!

everybody please, vote dem, even if u dont like them, just pick one of the 2 blues and vote, at least under billy clinton(hillbilly :p) things where looking UP for our country and we didnt have the whole world looking at us and shaking their collective heads because we are in what they see as a war for profit, with steadly raising levels of debt to the rest of the world.

oh and free trade needs to be changed to FAIR TRADE, tit for tat as it where, meaning the us needs to stop allowing so many imports from countrys that dont consume american products....tho what america makes anymore that the rest of the world would pay for its beyond me, we need to STOP OUTSORCEING EVERYTHING and start taking care of our own.......

oh yeah and we need to fix these intelectual property laws that allow the mpaa/riaa to cause so many problems not only here in america but in other countrys as well....blah i could go on and on about all this, but the post would be 5 pages long by the time i was done and i would still have more to say!!!!

evil bill

System Name Main Rig | Second Rig
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo Wolfdale E8200 @ 3.2Ghz | Pentium 4 530J 3.0Ghz
Motherboard ASUS P5KC @ 1,600Mhz FSB | Asus P5P800
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
Memory OCZ 4GB DDR2-800 (2x2GB) 5-4-4-15 | Corsair 1GB XMS DDR-400 (2 x 512MB)
Video Card(s) MSI NX8800GT 512MB Pre-OCd @ 660/950 | Powercolor X850 Pro 256MB AGP
Storage 500GB WD Caviar SATA300 | Hitachi Deckstar 80GB SATA
Display(s) LG 22" W2252TQ
Case Antec 900 | ATX Window case
Audio Device(s) Onboard High Definition Audio | Soundblaster Audigy SE
Power Supply Hiper 730W HPU-5M730-SE | Tagan 480W
Software Vista 64-bit SP1 | Windows 7 32-bit RC1
and we need spell checkers for all............

;)