1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GD Printer

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PyroInc, Apr 1, 2007.

1. PyroInc New Member

Thanks Received:
    sup guys,

I gotta quick question for ya. I'm having this problem with this dam printer. It's a HP 6100 all in one printer and the dam thing wont print from the computer. I recently changed the Power supply on the comp because of the old one blowin lol. The printer can copy and everything by it's self but nothing through the computer. It connects through the usb part of the computer and I just wanted to check and see that the usb's on the mobo did work but None of them read my flash drive. so heres my question,...... can a surge or short circut fry the usb on the mobo? I told me client to go ahead and save everything so that I can reinstall windows hoping that it is just a software conflict thing. But not sure. what do you guys think.:confused:
  2. DanTheBanjoman SeƱor Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Not sure, I once had lightning strike my home and my NIC died, rest of the board still worked. However my router was toasted as well so the NIC probably died from a surge over the network, not via the PSU.

Does the BIOS detect the flash drive? (if supported) otherwise, you could try running a live CD (Linux, WinPE, DOS+USB support)
  3. PyroInc New Member

Thanks Received:
    I tryed switching with a Hard drive that had a fresh install of xp and none of the usb ports readmy flash still or the printer so I'm thinkin it's the mobo. .... live cd...?
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2007
  4. PyroInc New Member

Thanks Received:
    You guys think by changing the mobo it'll fix my problems
  5. PyroInc New Member

Thanks Received:
    bump?