1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gears of War for PC Goes Gold

Discussion in 'News' started by malware, Oct 19, 2007.

1. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    They have already stated that its not a direct port. Its been entirely recoded for the PC.

2. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    I never said you did. And yeah...I guess my post could be an example of a flame war if one would take it the wrong way. I guess its one of those that could go in either direction.

I think the button layout is fine on the 360. Im not a controller type of person though. I could care less of ones skill at a game, but I never stated that you could or coudlnt say/think the controls are trash. Every person is different.

To say that CoD4 will "own" GoW, is a total personal preference. Stating which does not make it true.

3. Helvetica New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm getting tired of this preference crap. Everyone is too politically correct these days. Grow some balls and stand for something. If you compare every aspect of CoD4 to Gears of War, you'll see that the only thing Gears of War wins is Blood and Gore.

4. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    GoW

5. HookeyStreet

HookeyStreet Eat, sleep, game!

Thanks Received:
    WTF! Gears Of War is an awesome game! (on the 360) And to compare GOW to COD4 is just plain stupid because one is a 3rd person shooter and the other is a 1st person shooter!

So your opinion is null & void, sorry!

6. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Gears of war was fantastic on the 360. I can only imagine how its gonna look on the pc, should be fantastic.

7. CrAsHnBuRnXp

CrAsHnBuRnXp

Thanks Received:
    And graphics, and weapons, and story line, and multiplayer. The list probably goes on. Like the other guy said, you cant compare CoD4 to GoW. There is just to much of a difference. Sure they are both great games, but you cant compare a first person shooter to a third person. At least, not in the way you are trying to.