1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gears Of War Not Vista Exclusive

Discussion in 'Games' started by HellasVagabond, Jul 11, 2007.

1. HellasVagabond New Member

Thanks Received:
    Now it is official, the rumor that Gears Of War would be a Vista exclusive game is no more. Did Microsoft really decided to let go of the entire "Games for Windows Live is Vista exclusive" concept? It sure looks like it did.

Maybe the feedback that it got from the Shadowrun and Halo 2 "fix" for XP made Microsoft realise that it is not yet time for Vista exclusive games. Gears of War for PC will include DirectX 10 support on Vista, but it will also work on XP with DirectX 9. You can check out the "E3 2007 MS Press Conference Gameplay" video here.

This is a good thing and we are happy about it, even Viva Pinata that has been announced, will also support LIVE on Vista and XP.

Source : Fudzilla
  2. Wayward

Wayward New Member

Thanks Received:
    Good news for me, if true. I'd like to play Gears of War, but I'm not jumping on the vista bandwagon, and the x360 is not for me.

I really hope MS has decided to end this silly "vista exclusive" concept. The true motives of that idea were transparent from square one.
  3. Random Murderer

Random Murderer The Anti-Midas

Thanks Received:
    even if they don't give it up, hackers will crack it to run on xp anyway...:rockout:
  4. Wayward

Wayward New Member

Thanks Received:
    And I'll be rooting for them all the way. :D