1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gecube x1950pro O/Cing questions

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Darkmind, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Darkmind New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyone had any success in overclocking the memory speed at all? If I raise it, or lower it even by even a little bit, my system will crash. Anyone know why this is?

2. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    What tools you using to OC? My Powercolor (Rev 1 PCB) was good for 770, I usually left it at stock though as I didn't notice much of a difference, and if you go too far timings will relax and can hinder performance more than help.

If using ATI Tray Tools/ATI Tool, make sure to check/activate a setting that should say:

Use Driver Level Overclocking

Usually overclocking even the slightest without allowing this method will result in a crash, VPU reset, black screen, freeze, etc. But with driver level overclocking selected, you should be able to raise a tad. Depending on revision, custom bios, etc, you may be able to attain a good OC for that card.

The best mine could do overall was 621/770. I ran it for a while, but didn't notice much of a difference from stock. Keep in mind the clocks for both GPU and Memory increase in intervals of ~6-8Mhz and manually type/set them in, do not Auto OC.

Hope that helps!

:toast:

3. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Customising memory timings for the card in its BIOS is about the biggest performance increase you can expect, the OC is a negligable boost once clocks hit 650\1.6GHz

4. Darkmind New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seems ATi tray tools does the job. ATITool has a weird problem then. I overclock my memory on it and my monitor goes off, saying frequency out of range and my refresh rate was well over 200hz :wtf:

ATI Tray Tools I was able to OC my card. I got it at about 635 core and 1600 memory. I was #6 to similar systems in 3dmark03 benchmarks with around a 15300 score. Not too shabby