1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Geforce 306.97 driver faulty?

Discussion in 'NVIDIA' started by PLSG08, Dec 13, 2012.

1. PLSG08

PLSG08

Thanks Received:
    Hey guys!

Recently I bought a new laptop (yes all that laptop threads and such, I ended up with a Z480 with a Core i7, 4gb Ram, GT 640m) and it came preinstalled with nvidia 295 drivers

I thought of upgrading my drivers and I did a clean install (uninstall, driver sweeper in safe mode, registry cleaning through CCleaner, and Installing the new driver) Everything was okay until I started Assassin's Creed 3 (the only game so far on my laptop) and it always ends up in not responding. With my old drivers I didn't face such problems.

The same goes with my sister's GeForce 310m.

Does anyone have any problems with the GeForce 306.97 drivers?
  2. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    306.97 are old download 310.70
  3. Crap Daddy

Crap Daddy

Thanks Received:
    Here's GEFORCE R304 DRIVER. Have you downloaded this? This is for notebook

http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.97-whql-driver.html

Also It might be this problem:

"As part of the NVIDIA Verde Notebook Driver Program, this is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook."