1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Geforce 8800 OverClocking! How?

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by orionbg, Aug 29, 2007.

1. orionbg

Thanks Received:
    Hello all

I'm having some questions about the 8800 Series Overclocking!
    1. In NiBiTor 3.4a I have some optinos to up the voltage of the GPU. By default there are three voltages: 1.1V, 1.2V and 1.3V (8800GTS 320MB Zotac) With the advanced voltages editor i changed the 1.3V to 1.4V! Will only this be enough to up the voltage of the GPU or this options will not change anything?

2. What is the highest Shader frequence that this GPUs can handle on a non Moded card?

3. Why is ATITool 27B2 behaving strange with this card? I mean that artefacts are visible at some point but the program is not detectig them! (this with "Find Max Core") and the screen Blanks at some point and only reset brings the picture back (this in "Find Max Mem")

I have good experience with older Cards but the 8800 Series are a little new to me as an Arhitecture to play with! :)

Excuse my Bad English!

Oh and one other thing! I'm runing Windows Vista 32Bit

2. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    when finding max core and memory with my old 8800 GTS i watched it till errors started coming up because ati tool mite say theres no errors but there are yellow glichs best to watch it to see i look at find what core and memory speed i have got

3. orionbg

Thanks Received:
    Yes for the Core it is Easy! I just wait to see the yellow marks and then stop and lower the frequence 5MHz and this is it! But when I try the "find Max Mem" function the screen Blancs after a while as the Card shuts down itself!!!??!! Only Reset brings it back online!

4. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    whats are your stock speed for your core and memory ?

5. orionbg

Thanks Received:
    I'll check them when I get home after an hour! Can't remember exact numbers! :banghead:

6. Live OR Die

Live OR Die

Thanks Received:
    well heres what i got mine to just under my max but mine was a XFX 8800 GTS XXX so mine was overclocked on stock when i got it but you should be fine try my speeds and just work your way down and i tested mine by running 3DMark 06 Test GT2 firely forest looking for errors and goin down abit to fine my smooth spot;) [​IMG]
    my core went higher 650Mhz but at the time didnt have the cooling to back it

Last edited: Aug 29, 2007
  7. orionbg

Thanks Received:
    Here are my default frequences:
    Core: 567MHz Shaders: 1188 Memory: 900MHz

Reported by RivaTuner

8. orionbg

Thanks Received:
    anyone? :cry:

9. giorgos th.

giorgos th. New Member

Thanks Received:
    1.you cannot change Vgpu via nibitor...1.26Vgpu is the default one...you might give 1.4 but it wont change.
    2.it depends on your cooling.i have mine on water and i`ve reached so far 1782mhz.
    3.when you see those yellow spots,stop and decrease the freq. for about 5-10 mhz..or until you reach the previous freq. spot.

10. orionbg

Thanks Received:
    Yes I do that! But This is for the GPU Frequence test only!!!! The problem is when I start the "Find max MEM" The RAM frequence begins to go up like it should and the cube is spinning normaly. No any yellow spots and at some point the screen blanks and only RESET will bring the picture back! Even the Monitor goes in stand by!

11. giorgos th.

giorgos th. New Member

Thanks Received:
    this is normal....it tells you that your mem cannot go higher..

12. orionbg

Thanks Received:
    This is interesting way to tell it! :banghead:
    Oh well It seems that I'll have to stay infront of the monitor all the time till I loose picture to see the last working value! :wtf: