• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Geforce GTX 780M SLI for Eurocom Panther 3.0 laptop (Clevo x7200)

Ken Nguyen

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I have a question regarding how to get the Geforce Gtx 780m working with my Eurocom Panther 3.0 laptop (similar to the Clevo X7200 I believe). My old cards, the Radeon HD 6990M's, were fried when I tried to reflow them for the 4rth time (long story), so I need to get the replacement cards. I was told by the seller that the gtx 780m could be made to work with my laptop with certain modified bios/driver but he isnt 100% sure. He also offer the 680m's, which he is certain that they will work with my laptop, but they are even more expensive than the 780m's. So he suggested me to do some more researches before deciding which cards to get.

Anyway, if it is possible, can someone here help me get the right tools/instructions to make the gtx 780m to work with my Eurocom panther 3.0 please? and if it is not possible will the 680m's work for me without any modification? Thanks for helping!

jaxknight77

Hello im new here also. However, i can help people have tried with the 780m and have had no success unfortunatly there has not been any mods made to make them compatible. However the 680m's do work also the 7970m's. You are best off with 680m's less struggle and can be overclocked to work the same as the 780m's in terms of performance. This is a link on how it all works:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...680m-how-it-works-impressions-benches.693234/

As for the amd line up hear are the issues with there newer line up 7970m no sound unless you use external source, no hdmi and no reboot unless shutdown.

Hope this info can help..and God bless

P.S i know cause i have a x7200 which is similiar to you're setup both are based on the x58 motherboard and i have also searched for this. All the threads i found they all had problems and could not get it to work. Sorry i know the x58 motherboard is still very good for its age. BTW, one 680m should work without mods. The link i sent you is for sli.

Last edited:

Ken Nguyen

Thanks for the reply Jax, but i was so impatient so i ended up buying the 780m's and now i am stuck with them and an inoperate Clevo X7200 :*(. And since its my fault seller wont accept return.

At this point is there anything i can do?

jaxknight77

Thanks for the reply Jax, but i was so impatient so i ended up buying the 780m's and now i am stuck with them and an inoperate Clevo X7200 :*(. And since its my fault seller wont accept return.

At this point is there anything i can do?
Well the 780m's are still a good gpu even now and days. So if you like you could most likely sell them off via ebay or another place if they are Clevo 780m's you should be able to get at least 400 dollars from them and thats the lowest you could probably get around 500 from them if they are hardly used and by you're self the 680m's make sure they are from clevo. Because, the Dell ones could work but you have to flash the vbios and there might be a risk there. Also you could try going to this page: https://biosmods.wordpress.com/ this guy has helped people with gpu compatibility issues before he is known as prema i just don't know the requierments for him to help. Also, it may take some time for him to help, but i have heard nothing but good news from him.Also, there is some one else but i don't know where to find him he is known as SLV7. However selling the gpu's might be you're best option.

Once again hope this helps and God bless.

Also one last thing you could do is offer up a trade the 780m for a 680m.

Last edited: