• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Geforce won't recognize HDMI under Windows.

Just added a Geforce GT710 to a Win11 system with integrated AMD graphics (4650g). Both cards connect to 2K monitors via HDMI.

When I first booted with the new card, everything was (briefly) fine .. the Windows desktop automatically extended to the 2nd monitor. But 20 seconds later, the system reported it had installed the GT710 driver. The 2nd monitor vanished; nothing would bring it back. Windows display settings shows only 1 monitor. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers several times, tried disabling the driver -- nothing. When the system boots, the second monitor displays the BIOS information, but vanishes as soon as Windows loads.

On a whim, I tried the DVI port on the NVidia card -- Works fine .....WTF (!?!) The HDMI cable/monitor is fine; it works flawlessly on other systems. Is this a software problem, or maybe some incompatibility with this older GT710 having a different HDMI version? If maybe there's some monitor-recognition issue here, is there some way I can suppress that in the driver? I can't use a newer card, as I only have a free PCIe x1 port in the system, and there's very, very graphics cards like that any more.

Thanks for any help.