1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Geil 4gb Evo One ram: best place to buy in uk?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by mandelore, Feb 18, 2008.

1. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    UK-small Village in a Valley Near Newcastle
    Hi all, well, im going to be selling my BallistiX Tracer pc8500's in favour of the Geil Evo One 4gb ram kit since moving to a 64bit OS

(for the record my tracers do 700Mhz on lower than stock timings & activly cooled with volt bumps :D )

Does anyone know where i can get these the cheapest possible in the UK?

the actual item is as shown here:

http://www.eurowide-pc.co.uk/geil-ddr2-1066-cl50-dual-channel-evoone-retail-p-29901.html

These RAM modules look pretty nifty and have excellent cooling as well as the ability to reach 1200MHz.

Any help would be great, and anyone interested in my current RAM, please drop me a PM. I will be sticking em up on the FS forum soon. Best RAM ive ever owned, rock solid stable at daft overclocks :) :)

Mand

Edit: If you can also suggest something equally as good or better please do let me know (especially if its cheaper :) but it MUST overclock like a bitch)

2. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Nice RAM. Not sure what Ballistix prices are over there, but why not go 4x1GB Ballistix (they're cheap as hell over this side and may be worth a try).

3. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    nah, I want total stability, and also the less strain on my north bridge the better with my cpu being overclocked crazy loads. Id rather go with 2x2gb stix instead

4. Hawk1 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Got ya.

You could give these a try, as they are much cheaper, but get a second opinion, as I haven't owned them and the reviews there don't say much, so don't know how they OC.

5. Grings

Grings New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. mandelore

mandelore New Member

Thanks Received:
    :( out of stock there.. lol

i did find some for £150 ish inc shipping on ebay but from usa so a bit more wary of that