• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

General discussion based on Extreme Overclocking

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Im not skewing anything. I agreed with what happened outside of the fact that I actually gave you the information contrary to your post inferring you didn't get it. You got it as soon as I learned people here couldnt view it in fact.

I guess I was upset that you were seemingly dissapointed that I didnt give you the information I actually gave you and that I was still expecting you to help me (when in reality those have ZERO to do with each other). Again, (my) name not there, no bickering now...

Let's let this rest, but please don't bring my name up when it has nothing to do with the point you are trying to make. It made me look like part of the problem when in reality, I share more information than most extreme overclockers do. Thanks!

Well, pull the noobs together here and get a team and set an example of how you feel it "should" be done. Sitting idle on the sidlines bitching about to the readers here who dont give a hoot about extreme overclocking isnt going to change anything.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Sitting idle on the sidlines bitching about to the readers here who dont give a hoot about extreme overclocking isnt going to change anything.

Except you'll find that most users feel as I do. Nobody can change what you guys do..except you guys. :laugh:

I'm merely highlighting the reasons why many users fell this way.

And while you gave me info, you didn't share that with the general public. Yes, you do personally go out of your way to help others, too...but...

You shouldn't have to. The problem isn't you, and you know that. Frankly, I don't understand why YOU are making it a big deal, but OK, you didn't like me pointing out the events. Sorry, but it did happen.

I'm not a competitive person, so starting a bench team here doesn't interest me. W1zz didn't seem to have much interest either, nor do other users that I have seen over the years since I started posting here again. It's not like this is some super-busy thread, or anything, that fact we have this little bit of drama here will just generate more traffic. :p

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
Benchmark Scores d1nky@hwbot.org
LOL that blew up fast!

ill be part of a NOOB extreme team, always been fascinated in extreme overclocking. :cool:

and its a good way to keep beer cold.

seriously tho, i know competition and 'secrets' must be kept, but for me and probably many others it would be and is a hobby. so that kind of eliminates any kind of hidden agendas, and makes it a pass time.

Except you'll find that most users feel as I do. Nobody can change what you guys do..except you guys. :laugh:

I'm merely highlighting the reasons why many users fell this way.

And while you gave me info, you didn't share that with the general public. Yes, you do personally go out of your way to help others, too...but...

You shouldn't have to. The problem isn't you, and you know that. Frankly, I don't understand why YOU are making it a big deal, but OK, you didn't like me pointing out the events. Sorry, but it did happen.

I'm not a competitive person, so starting a bench team here doesn't interest me. W1zz didn't seem to have much interest either, nor do other users that I have seen over the years since I started posting here again. It's not like this is some super-busy thread, or anything, that fact we have this little bit of drama here will just generate more traffic. :p
Again, my NAME being involved which inferred I am part of the problem was why I took it personally (name me, its personal, LOL!) not the events. And look at that SS again, in there I mentioned I posted the text in a thread.

I dont care enough about secrets being kept to make any changes. :)

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Again, my NAME was the problem, not the events. And look at that SS again, in there I mentioned I posted the text.

I understand. I'm sorry, but I felt the point needed to be made. As they say, don't hate the player, hate the game. And I do. :roll:

I dont care enough about secrets being kept to make any changes.

Well, it is a big part of what we both do. We both spend considerable amounts of time answering people's questions because we might have access to info that not easily attainable. If more info was out in the open, there'd be less work. That's something worth working for, IMHO.

I understand. I'm sorry, but I felt the point needed to be made. As they say, don't hate the player, hate the game. And I do. :roll:

Well, it is a big part of what we both do. We both spend considerable amounts of time answering people's questions because we might have access to info that not easily attainable. If more info was out in the open, there'd be less work. That's something worth working for, IMHO.
LOL, kk...hate the game without naming a player that isnt propagating your issue with it.. haha!

As far as the second paragraph, the questions I answer here and at my forum have nothing to do with efficiency tweaks and Hwbot. People here and there ask, just bought a 3770K how can I get to 4.5Ghz is not a secret. Its the how do I improve my XXX XXX XXX times/scores questions that have some secrets (that only people on the team or are joining ask in the first place).

Whew........ need a beer now. :p

EDIT: It would be less work, but more money to be competative excluding even more people from it... Which side are you on anyway? LOL! :)

(OK done editing)

D

Deleted member 24505

Not active really, there was a time when there were quite a few of us trying to stretch the bounderies but i think with the gradual introduction of generally better overclocking platforms/CPU's etc it has quietened down around here over the last 2 or 3 years. Having said that, there are still a number of enthusiasts here who continue to push hardware to it's limits but I think more privately as a hobby than publically sharing here.

I remember the old days, tatty, and the fun to be had in the extreme oc clubhouse *sigh* iirc we had a couple of tussles in there.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
System Name Whaaaat Kiiiiiiid!
Processor Intel Core i9-12900K @ Default
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX
Cooling Corsair H150i AIO Cooler
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA @ Default
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Display(s) 27" LG 27MU67-B 4K, + 27" Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P
Case Thermaltake Core X9 Snow
Audio Device(s) Logitech G935 Headset
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum 1050W Snow Silent
Mouse Logitech G903 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXV: 19329

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Which side are you on anyway? LOL!

Both, I guess. I mean, I understand the value of extreme clocking as an exercise. Adding the competitiveness to it is what is really the root of the problems I have. I did choose to point you out because I know we would end up discussing this like adults in the end, like we are now, rather than just shouting at each other. We're both pretty down-to-earth people, I think. You are not the only example of such things taking place.

And that's unavoidable, I think. We have to challenge the ideals of today to get further tomorrow.

Efficiency tweaks are a different thing, you are right, but that's what had me start down the conversational path in the first place. Many many times I have found users wanting to take stuff from extreme clocking and use it for 24/7, where it doesn't apply, and then they are left wondering what went wrong.

So we do need to separate the LN2 side of things form the 24/7 side of things. That's why you'll never find me posting about stuff I did using extreme cooling, because that's not the perspective I wish to present, and covering both only leads to confusion. I think that confusion would be gone if more direct info about what stuff should be used where, and when, was out there.

For example, you might post in a thread wit ha guy benching @ 5GHz, looking to lower SPi times(like many forums have threads running on). You give a tweak about efficiency that works well, and then a normal user reads it. They say, oh, look, nice results, let me try that...and then they have stability issues long-term that they cannot figure out...

So having tweaks and such for that locked up and hidden does serve some value too. But try just explaining that without the context, and people don't understand. You and I have both run into this and talked about it before.

D

Deleted member 24505

Not all users are going to think of "Extreme" as the same thing. Might have been more produnt to lavel this as "LN2 OC" or "Sub-Zero OC", not "Extreme".

Aircooling and watrercooling can be "extreme too".

Labels suck, m'kay?:roll:

Look at my "extreme" air cooled OC on the E6300 I did in my sig, with a freezer 7 pro. Let me tell you, that OC was extreme for sure, with 1.57vcore on that little baby C2D.

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512GB + Crucial MX500 2TB x3 + Crucial MX500 4TB + Samsung 980 PRO 1TB
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro

T4C Fantasy

CPU & GPU DB Maintainer
Staff member
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro
My god HOW much :twitch: paste.

he used the WHOLE tube of paste on the cpu, you can see it on the cpu like a snow covered mountain

my vote is every overclocking video should have the same music in this video

Random Murderer

The Anti-Midas
System Name TOO MUCH RADIATOR! | The TV Box a.k.a. The Shoebox
Processor Core i7 4930K @ 4.5GHz | Core i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz
Motherboard Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme | Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
Cooling Custom water on CPU and GPU, dual 360mm radiators | Corsair H80i
Memory 4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-1600 | 2x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD R9 295x2 | PowerColor AMD HD7970
Storage Samsung SSD 830 256GB, various others | 2x 1TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID1
Display(s) Dell U2713HM 2560x1440 IPS | Panasonic TC-L32E5 1080p IPS TV
Case Thermaltake Suppressor F51 (stripped down to hold two radiators) | Cooler Master Elite 130
Audio Device(s) RM-DAC -> Xiang Sheng 708b -> Sennheiser HD650 | HDMI sound device on 7970
Power Supply LEPA G1600-MA 1600W | Corsair CX750M 750W
Software Win 10 64
Benchmark Scores over 9000 BungholioMarks, "Bitchin' Fast"
Look at my "extreme" air cooled OC on the E6300 I did in my sig, with a freezer 7 pro. Let me tell you, that OC was extreme for sure, with 1.57vcore on that little baby C2D.

Impressive. Cold Storm and I pushed an e6600 to 555FSB under a Xiggy 1283 on the DFI P35 Blood Iron, but we dropped the multi. I believe we ended up using a x7 multi as well and ~1.55VCore.
Somewhere, one of us has the screenshot saved.

EDIT: I'll have to talk to CS about it to see if he's still interested, but for quite a while the two of us were saving some money to start doing some sub-zero overclocking. I'm sure if he was still up for it, we could throw together some old hardware and start doing some DICE runs.

D

Deleted member 24505

Impressive. Cold Storm and I pushed an e6600 to 555FSB under a Xiggy 1283 on the DFI P35 Blood Iron, but we dropped the multi. I believe we ended up using a x7 multi as well and ~1.55VCore.
Somewhere, one of us has the screenshot saved.

EDIT: I'll have to talk to CS about it to see if he's still interested, but for quite a while the two of us were saving some money to start doing some sub-zero overclocking. I'm sure if he was still up for it, we could throw together some old hardware and start doing some DICE runs.

Not bad on a E6600, the E6300 had more in it but my ram would not do more than 560, it was 1:1 though. iirc it was 107%

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Not bad on a E6600, the E6300 had more in it but my ram would not do more than 560, it was 1:1 though. iirc it was 107%

To me, what's crazy about that is a 555FSB! ... which would get you to 3.9Ghz at x7. The best I could ever do with my E6600 is 3.4... the E8600 is a completely different story ;)

LOL I dont have a pc for a day and thread got f@cked up. LOL xD

Just want to make it clear, delidding a cpu is extreme but I really dont think its extreme oc, cause you dont do anything about the cooling which will remain the same.

As for the livestreaming I cant show my scores when people who play for the Pro OC Cup may watch.
Its enough trying to compete guys like Kingpin, Andre and Nick Shih.

Ps. You cant compete them but still... ;)
Ps #2. An other reason that I wouldnt livestream a normal oc competition session is cause many people do sandbagging, I hate this and I will not give them one additional advantage.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
can you reveal your hwbot team name?!

and fuck kingpin.... only joking. he has all the 3dmark top spots so try beat the fofofdmasldndf!

and sandbagging is that like teabagging but with the pot full :laugh:

ive been watching loads of youtube extreme oc records and the majority they dont film the screen. (need more female frontage tbh)

theres one guy showed 1 hour or more of how he done it, and said something about a team and that. i picked up a few tips for 'mundane' overclocking. theres some clever methods in the madness.

one day i will try all of this!

D

Deleted member 24505

To me, what's crazy about that is a 555FSB! ... which would get you to 3.9Ghz at x7. The best I could ever do with my E6600 is 3.4... the E8600 is a completely different story ;)

I think the E6xxx were not very good overclockers, now the E8xxx that's a whole different ballgame.

Oh and it was 560FSB ;) that board (p5b-dlx) chip and ram was a superb setup. Ram was patriot pc2700 DDR2 best ram I have ever come across.

can you reveal your hwbot team name?!

and fuck kingpin.... only joking. he has all the 3dmark top spots so try beat the fofofdmasldndf!

and sandbagging is that like teabagging but with the pot full :laugh:

ive been watching loads of youtube extreme oc records and the majority they dont film the screen. (need more female frontage tbh)

theres one guy showed 1 hour or more of how he done it, and said something about a team and that. i picked up a few tips for 'mundane' overclocking. theres some clever methods in the madness.

one day i will try all of this!

I am part of the Hwbox Hellas OC Team but I was talking about the Pro OC Team which is Team Kronos ;)
For ne team Kronos is much more important.

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
wow 3rd atm!

good luck guys!

wow 3rd atm!

good luck guys!

Thanks ^^ its still difficult, need a good 4770k and 4x 780/titans.
Heard that 780 cant do quad sli, if thats true we will need to get 4 titans (we have one so 3 left). 4x titans seems far more difficult :/

System Name Zotan
Processor i9-10850K
Cooling H100
Memory 32GB Viper 3200
Case Airflow 275R
Power Supply RMX850
and its easier when ya sponsored to hell and got stock like that in surplus.

i noticed ya missing a extreme firestrike score and 3d 06 gpu! hopefully something comes along!