1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GENIUS SW-2.1 360 Speakers Launched

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, May 10, 2012.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Taiwan–based Genius is an international leading company in computer peripherals proudly presents the “Genius SW-2.1 360 speaker”, it is an amazing new 3 piece speaker system. Its wooden subwoofer has a 4inch Unit driver with a reflex port for excellent deep bass performance, The Stylish design of the satellite speaker have a 2.75 inch color coated driver for clear and detailed mid and high range frequency. And there is a volume control and bass on the front of subwoofer for easy control. Genius SW-2.1 360 Speaker is ideal to listen to music or play games on one’s desktop or laptop.

[​IMG]

Key Features:
    • Total Output power 10watts (RMS)
    • Ultra Rigid wooden cabinet subwoofer
    • 4 inch subwoofer bass driver
    • 2.75 inch color coated driver
    • Adjustable volume and bass controls
    • Great for music listening or gaming on a desktop or laptop
    For more information, visit the product page.
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    I've seen better from Genius... those wooden 5.1 sets were pretty good. But then again it was a completely different class...
  3. lorieannebrewer New Member

Thanks Received:
    The 2.1 speaker set I bought two years ago is still kicking to this day. Genius really makes affordable speakers. better quality than logitech for its entry level products, imo
  4. tomkaten

tomkaten

Thanks Received:
    I have these and they're absolutely delightful. Great for music and gaming and a very sweet price.

Not sure if they're a glitch in the matrix for Genius or if these are their standards. I remember listening to a pair of wooden speakers from them once and I can't say I was impressed, my Altec Lansing 4.1 system kicked their ass hard.
  5. RejZoR

RejZoR

Thanks Received:
    You can't exactly compare these budget speakers with Altec Lansing whic belongs to a higher range of speakers.
  6. tomkaten

tomkaten

Thanks Received:
    You misread, I wasn't comparing this pair, but some wooden ones from their high(er) end lineup. :)

True, the Altecs were going a bit more still.

I know Genius was a bit of a poor man's choice and that's why I was so pleasantly surprised by the set I mentioned above.