1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gentlemen: I need the steps necessary for turning off UAC nags in VISTA... thanks!

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Alec§taar, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi
    See my subject-line/title-line above:

I am trying to help out a friend who is experiencing general misery due to it interrupting the heck out of him, so please, post the steps needed!

:)

* Thanks!

APK

P.S.=> I am helping he as best I can, but often, it is done 'vicariously' via you guys, because I don't use VISTA here!

I am helping he, mainly, because he is doing some research into my "APK Registry Cleaning Engine 2002++ SR-7" on VISTA, & doing a HECK OF A JOB!

(He is finding out things you need to do to it, to get it to run right)

Just as Wile E & myself did in the VISTA support thread regarding how it launches & closes (fix was in it already in its menus, but Wile E discovered a neat thing about "desktop compositing" as well) & a patch resulted... sort of, really only changing one of its default settings is all.

This time, the person I am helping discovered another neat thing, that WILL result in me having to update it one more time!

(It's regarding Administrator Access to the registry being needed, per its desktop shortcut & having to right-click on it, & selecting "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR")

ODDLY, though he is logged on as Administrator?

& he, like Wile E, will be credited on the download page & its accompanying documentation in the program's read me/how to install directions!

Man, sure are a LOT of changes in VISTA, but not "insurmountable ones" thank goodness... I suspected THIS might get into someone's face, in the VISTA TWEAKS thread, but had no idea it would be like this... easy fix though! apk
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  2. Alec§taar New Member

Thanks Received:
    Someone who's going to find NewTekie1 and teach hi