1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

get more out of my PC

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by phAnt0m, Apr 2, 2005.

1. phAnt0m New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

My system, AMD 64 3200+ @ 2100Mhz s754 clawhammer, Corsair 2x 512MB @210mhz, Radeon 9600XT 256, mobo asus K8v se.

I want to get more out of this system. The highest 3dmark03 score at this configuration is 3845 marks, I did expect more when from this system! I've tried to overclock my VGA with Atitool but when i set a higher Core frequencie it get's back on its old setting. I used the unlock function in atitool.

Can anyone help me with OC the system??? How can I safely overclock my system without getting unstable. :confused:
  2. wazzledoozle

wazzledoozle New Member

Thanks Received:
    ATITool instructions-
    1) Go to the "miscellaneous" section under the drop down menu at the top of the settings page, and check the box for "Remove Radeon 9000/9200/9550/9600 clock lock.

2)There are 2 buttons, "Find max core" and "Find max memory", let each run for 1 hour seperately, and write down what it finds as the max speed for each after an hour.

3) Create a new profile, call it "OC". Then set the speeds to what you wrote down. Then click save.

4) Go to settings>3d-detection>
    -Check the box for "3d-detection enabled"
    -Under "When 3d application is detected" select "OC" profile for "load profile"
    -Under "When 3d application is closed" select "default" profile for "load profile"

5) Go to "Startup" in the drop down menu on top of the settings window, and put a check in the top two boxes.
    -Next to the first check box, select "Default Profile"
    -Next the the second check box, select "Registry key"

Now ATITool will overclock you video card whenever you play a game or do something that requires 3d.
  3. Nergal New Member

Thanks Received:
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2005