1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Get Your Modded P5Q Pro BIOS Here!

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Ketxxx, Jul 10, 2008.

1. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    My ac7 pro is silent near enough :)

[​IMG]

They do run a bit noisy with the stock fan on full tilt.

2. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    ... Stickers on upside-down :p unless you got one of them weird BTX cases as I see everything is upside-down.

3. Cronos New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just in case anyone misses it since it was the last post of the last page, will the modded bios void my warranty? Not trying to be obnoxious, but I'll probably be purchasing all the parts of my build tomorrow.

4. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Asus probably wont like a modded BIOS being used, especially as it uncripples the board and they want everyone to buy their insanely expensive boards, but it certainly shouldnt void its warranty. Best thing is simply dont mention the modded BIOS should you ever need to RMA, they will be none the wiser about it.

Cronos says thanks.
  5. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    It is the same case as erockers,a lian li v10000b.It seems ok,my pc runs pretty cool in this case.

6. CrAzY_CbR New Member

Thanks Received:
    After the Bios for P5Q 901 Beta there any more?

I will try now 901 but wanted to ask first whether this was the last for P5Q

I have compatibility problems with some Patriot Viper Extreme PC9600

Sorry for my English but I am Spanish: S

7. cp# New Member

Thanks Received:
    The Freezer 7 does have a 4 pin connector :)

8. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    You have a newer version than my Freezer 7 then, or maybe AC changed from 3 to 4 pin for the intel version.

Yes 0901 beta is the latest BIOS for the P5Q non-pro.

9. danszczerba New Member

Thanks Received:
    ...could that be the reason i have a split-second slowdown onscreen(Race Driver Grid), even though I am getting 70-85fps? Is my cpu(e8400) too fast for my 800er ram?

10. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    It could be the available bandwidth isnt quite sufficient yes, or it could be you have a background program running that causes it, or it could simply be to iron out those pauses you need the faster memory.

11. danszczerba New Member

Thanks Received:
    on a related note-is it true that with all the bios settings set to default, that ddr2 1066mhz will only produce 667mhz?

12. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I have 1066 ram,not tried that though,it should default at the rams stock which would be 1066,in theory.

13. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    That depends on the manufacturer, if its OCZ 667 is what it will probably default to. For "compatibility" (and I use that word extremely loosly) OCZ made their maximum speed profile 667, higher frequencies require you to manually dial things in. Good memory manufacturers however at least have a speed profile going to 800. All of that probably isn't 100% clear as I've tried to keep things simple and skim over things. Just think of speed profiles as the default frequency the board will detect and run the modules at.

14. danszczerba New Member

Thanks Received:
    so, let me ask you this-what about your black dragons-do they have this "speed profile" to 800? or are they throttled also. Can you recommend to me a 2gb 1066 kit that will automatically be recognized as 1066?
    I just want to get the most out of my system without OVERLY excerting(overclocking) the system. I don't want to push the boundries-i just want my stuff to run at its best.

Also, thanks for the fast responses-this forum rocks!!!!!!!!!!:rockout::toast::respect:

15. altas New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi

I have a big Memory Problem on my P5Q-Pro, i have tried your Bios in hope it works afther flashing, but nothing :laugh:

I have this Memory Kit Mushkin HP2-8500 2x1GB Kit, DDR2-1066, CL5-5-5-18
    http://www.mushkin.com/doc/products/memory_detail.asp?id=643

is there a way if you could add this to your new Bios Version??

16. JrRacinFan

JrRacinFan Served 5k and counting ...

Thanks Received:
    Overclocking. How so? If the ram is rated to run @1066 and your bios defaults it to say 667, it's not the rams fault. You won't be overclocking the ram at all if you make it run at 1066 via manual settings in bios. Just forcing it to run what its rated for.

Oh and about the question about the black dragons, all ram come with speed profiles, most PC6400 come with an spd for PC6400. Sorry if it sounds like I am posting "n00bish" at you but I really don't understand what your asking.

17. danszczerba New Member

Thanks Received:

...well, it's ok-i AM a noob:) all kidding aside, you answered my question with "You won't be overclocking the ram at all if you make it run at 1066 via manual settings in bios. Just forcing it to run what its rated for". Thanks:)

18. Zehnsucht

Zehnsucht New Member

Thanks Received:
    Ketxxx, you've made my decision! I ordered a P5Q Pro today, together with a velociraptor (I originally wanted the Core SSD, but they had almost three weeks delay). Thanks, and keep up with the good work!

Btw, a friend and me were talking about how you do it. Do you extract the bios from the other motherboards and custom fit it? Or do you start with the Pro bios and look at how the others are and fill the Pro bios with better options?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  19. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    I start with a Pro BIOS and rip parts out from a better BIOS, in this case from the Premium.

20. ps3divx.com New Member

Thanks Received:
    What exactly is meant by injecting the memory tables of the more expensive boards?

I have 4GB OCZ Flex II DDR2 1150 RAM. If anybody has taken note, the BIOS for the P5Q Pro has RAM speed selections at 1111 and 1200, but not 1150! Does this mean that the modded BIOS would have an option at 1150?

Thanks.

21. cp# New Member

Thanks Received:
    Have you tried setting your memory to run at 1200?

22. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    1150 is an awkward number, faster than PC8500 (1066) manual tweaking is a given.

23. danszczerba New Member

Thanks Received:
    well, i solved the above quoted problem-ASUS SIX ENGINE was causing the slow-down. I uninstalled it and now I'm getting 80-90fps with no slowdown. Thanks for the tip:respect:

24. Ketxxx

Ketxxx Heedless Psychic

Thanks Received:
    Thats why I dont use the 6 engine :p theres a lot of variables and factors with the kind of issue you were experiencing, and in all honesty, a bit of software shouldnt of been causing it. The only explanation is regardless of the 6 engine being able to detect when the system is and isnt under load, in your case whenever the CPU usage dropped below a certain point 6 engine throttled the CPU, then when the usage went up again the CPU sped up again. The constant throttling and unthrottling by 6 engine is what was causing your problem.

25. ps3divx.com New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's what I did initially, and I noticed no problems or stability issues. But it does have errors in Memtest86 at that speed, so I've bumped it down to 1111 which returns none during Memtest.

I really wish it had an 1150 option, or allowed you to key in the speed manually. But, alas, it does not.

Would Ket's modded BIOS affect this at all?