1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Getting a Laptop

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by hat, Oct 15, 2009.

1. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    My uncle has a laptop he wants to get rid of and he said he would sell it to me for real cheap... I took him up on the deal.

Celeron M 530 (1.7GHz Conroe-L)
    2GB DDR2 533 4-4-4-12
    some generic intel graphics

Since most of the time I only use my rig for web browsing, I can use this instead of shutting down F@H when I browse the web. And hey, it's more WCG power... 1.7GHz of Core 2 arch. goodness... Hell, if I end up deciding that I don't want it I could sell it for a massive profit of my own!

Only thing is that it has wireless but I don't have a wireless router. Would be nice...
  2. A Cheese Danish

A Cheese Danish

Thanks Received:
    Not too shabby. And what do you mean by "cheap"?
    But it seems like all you need now is a wireless router and you are in business with another crunching machine ;)
  3. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    By cheap I mean $150. Hell, if I decide I don't want it I could probably make back double what I paid for it...

It has regular rj45 but... I don't have a solid desk to put the laptop on really. But my switch is really close to me so it's not a big deal... I would just much prefer wireless for the laptop (and my mom's computer as well). Coppermine and Kuma need wired cause I game on Kuma and Coppermine hosts servers (ventrilo and some Quake servers). The laptop and my mom's computer are just internet machines.
  4. hat

hat Maximum Overclocker

Thanks Received:
    I'm on my laptop right now. It got about 36.5 seconds in SuperPI. I'm running Windows 7 on it. Pretty quick. I'm in the process of getting WCG setup on it right now.