1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Getting F@H and WCG working together?

Discussion in 'Folding@Home' started by silkstone, May 7, 2009.

1. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    I recently joined the WCG team after folding for a couple of weeks, but.... Any time i open the Bionic manager and get is working my F@H point halve :(
    I usually run at about 4000ppd but with bionic running it's gone down to about 1600 ppd, i've tried reducing the cpu usage of bionic to 50% but it has no effect. Any ideas as to what i'm doing wrong?
    I'm currently using F@H gpu client + Bionic x64 client
  2. BUCK NASTY

BUCK NASTY F@H Mod & 4P Enthusiust Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You need to set F@H to have a higher priority. Use the -configonly flag to change the priority from idle to low. If that does not work, you must seperate the clients on individual cores of the CPU. Use Get & Set Affinty to accomplish this.
    CyberDruid and silkstone say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  3. 123bob

123bob Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    Buck, (or anyone) where do you set this flag? Is it in a config file of the client?

Also, where is a good place to find daily type stats. The page I get on fahmon seems to only show my totals, not my daily output.

OK, last noob question...:laugh: What should I be expecting in ppd from a stock 8800GTX?

Sorry for the questions. I cruised around a bit before asking, but couldn't seem to find answers. F@H appears to be running fine on this farm cruncher rig, I just want to make sure it's not loafing around on me...:)

Regards,
    Bob
  4. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Make a similar shortcut (if you already have one on your desktop) of your GPU client and rename it (you don't have to). Right click on it and select Properties. On the "Target" box you should see the address location of your client. Go to the end of that string, put a space and insert the -configonly flag. This will reset your client and reconfigure it to the settings that Buck mentioned.
    Last edited: May 7, 2009
    123bob says thanks.
  5. stanhemi

stanhemi New Member

Thanks Received:
  6. CyberDruid

CyberDruid New Member

Thanks Received:
    Don't forget you will need to remove the -configonly flag or every time you use the shortcut it will open the config console and close ;)

If you are using a 32 bit OS you will see more CPU overhead on GPU F@H.
    123bob says thanks.
  7. bogmali

bogmali Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In my case I just copy the original shortcut and rename it configonly so I know the difference between the two;)
  8. 123bob

123bob Xtreme Refugee

Thanks Received:
    Thanks much guys. :toast:

I just put on a second machine. This machine had an 8600GTS loafing around in it. I'll see what else I have laying around to throw at it.

Bob
  9. silkstone

silkstone

Thanks Received:
    Thanks buck. i got folding working again, it's now at 3500ppd, so slightly lower than before. but much much better than the 1500ppd i was getting