• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Getting Growing Artifracts In Doom 3!

Stocko

Please help I've tried everything.

I have a softmodded 4.9 Beta for my SE to pro, and I've also tried the 4.8 but I still get artifracts.

They dont appear at first but grow and grow, and I've underclocked (I think) and I have also waited a day before switching my computer on.

Help please?

It's not a SE anymore, he softmodded it.

Were the 4.8 drivers softmodded as well? If so try normal drivers (use some driver cleaner to completely remove old drivers, uninstall doesnt always work the way it should)

If you're using original drivers and the problem still occurs, try touching your card once the artifacts appear. If you could make an omelet on it thats your problem.

If it's not the drivers or temperature perhaps you should post more specs. Like what card, besides a "SE".

Stocko

1 GIG RAM
ATHLON 2700+ XP
ATI RADEON 9800SE -9800 PRO

Getting 40-60 FPS all the time in Doom 3.

zealot`grr

stock cooling? artifacts in for example 3dmark 2k3? are you sure that all the 8 pipelines work?

Frozen

DanTheBanjoman said:
It's not a SE anymore, he softmodded it.

No, its still an SE. Why are they SE? They have defects in the pipelines. Doom 3 stresses the core like no other game out, and can cause artifact.

M

mpan3

"Doom 3 stresses the core like no other game out, and can cause artifact."
Exactly!

S

sunjammer

I got the same problems at 1st with my 9800se card. I found out it is cooling. So now running extra fan on the case by the gpu and the artifacts have gone.

pablofrogo

I thought that not all SEs have defective pipes.. only some on each sheet, maybe the card just can't handle the clock speeds...

smatic18

Oke guyz,I just bought me a Powercolor Radeon 9550 256 MB DDR,that just didn't satisfie my needs,so I decided to flash the BIOS...I took the Powercolor Radeon 9600 Pro (Elixir's RAM) BIOS and updated the """Original""" one.Well,the card works great now at 370-230Mhz.Doom3 at 1024x768 on high details is not even bit laggy.The sistem runs on 1.7Ghz P4,Matsonic mainboard,512SDRAM PC133 ! So much for the crapy artifacts theme your discussin about,the problem is your whole sistem.