1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GF2MX400 "Sparkle" 64MB bios flash

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by trodas, Nov 15, 2007.

1. trodas

trodas

Thanks Received:
    I recently recapped two these "Sparkle" GF2MX400 64MB AGP cards. They run beautifully, I removed the CE filters to get even cleaner image and so on... Quite good cards for folding/testing machines.

And I started to use one in testing and... and I wanted to remove the sign-on message. Easy tweak with bios. I saved the bios using nVflash 5.57 , tweaked it using Ray Adams nVidia bios editor v1.0 RC3 and then I wanted to flash it back, but bummer! Flash chip is not supported :banghead:

I tried several older versions of nVflash (does this even have a sense?) as well as the WFflash 7.1 but it also does NOT recognize the flash type.

On the GFX card, there is the flash as:

PMC Flash
    MFLCJ
    Pm37LV512-70JC

Anyone know a flasher that does suppor this suxxka? :confused:

2. mortal New Member

Thanks Received:
    You need to force flash it threw DOS

3. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    What year is it? Where am I!?

4. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    1984. Room 101.

trodas says thanks.
  5. trodas

trodas

Thanks Received:
    mortal - yea, that is what I trying to do. All the tools are DOS only and run in reall DOS thru boot floppy - even I prefer ZIP100, it was lame floppy this time ;) The problem is, that none of the tools worked, so I'm stuck now, that is why I trying to ask people if someone know more that I'm. I had, for example, a very good experience with Uniflash, however it is mostly for mainboards and my chip is not supported either...
    http://www.uniflash.org/hardware.htm
    No instance of my PMC Pm37LV512. It is rather unusual to have 512k chip on GFX card with 52k bios, tough. they recommend nVflash v4 for old GF4x cards, so I tried to look and the latest v4 nVflash v4.46 support:
    PMC 39LV512
    PMC 39LV010
    PMC Pm25LV512
    PMC Pm25LV010
    ...but NOT the PMC Pm37LV512 witch my cards has installed.

Latest v5.57 support - regarding the PMC flashrams - only the very same chips, period.

Notice that my chip is 512k in size, while most (if not all other supported ones) are either 64 or 128k only. In the new models, there are few even 1024k ones, but not PMC ones. So, bummer. No flash :banghead:

OrbitzXT - IIRC the year is 2007 and your are probably in your home, near your computer. Why do you ask? Are you confused? Why not have some FUN playing with OLD hardware? Hmmm? For example the JetWay V400DB looked like that before:
    [​IMG]
    ...and now it folding for me like this:
    [​IMG]
    ...even it does not exactly recognize the AXP-M 2400+ I used :p Is not that cool overclock for so oldie board and 1,58V core? (not adjustable, lol)

Frick - or perhaps todays on Guantanamo? :rolleyes:

6. mortal New Member

Thanks Received:
    So try to boot up with pci card and then flash it threw dos.

7. trodas

trodas

Thanks Received:
    mortal - Ehm. Did you even bother to read the above posts? :wtf:

Obviously not. I going to sumarize it for you, tough.

I'm sorry, but the card does not have ANY issue with booting up.
    All flash attempts are made in DOS.
    The issue is, that the used flash on the cards are NOT SUPPORTED by the flashing programs tried, eg. nVflash, WFflash and Uniflash. Hence the search is for flasher that DOES support PMC Pm37LV512 chip. That is all. Not very hard, huh :nutkick:

8. Sh00t1st

Sh00t1st New Member

Thanks Received:
    G O O G L E, use that to search for the right info lol, cant rely on us to do it for you now can you ? :p

9. trodas

trodas

Thanks Received:
    I would never ask there, if my search did not fail ;)

10. bryan_d

bryan_d New Member

Thanks Received:
    I had the exact same issue with a "free" GF2MX400 that I got from work. I had the BIOS chip detailed to the original manufacturer, but despite numerous attempts with different programs and programming techniques, it was a "no-go." Some chips are just made not to accept new programming unfortunately... well not accessible by consumers or usual computer computer enthusiats like our selves.

I gave up, and used the card to practice soldering on. :) Not that you need any practice.