1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GFWL games not working?

Discussion in 'Games' started by 1Kurgan1, Oct 24, 2011.

1. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I haven't played an Games for Windows Live games since my new copy of Windows. But I wanted to use Dirt 3's bench feature. But I enter my email and password, then it loads and asks for my CD key, I enter that then it says my email or password is incorrect. I have visited the Live site and I can login there, even changed my password just incase. Then uninstalled and reinstalled GFWL and tried again. Still didn't work, tried Batman AA as well to see if it would work, but it doesn't. All it does it open the launcher, I hit play, verified my key for that, then hit "Start" and it just closes and thats it.

Any ideas here?
  2. digibucc

digibucc

Thanks Received:
    with gta i had similar problems, and there was a gta specific update for gfwl. look for that maybe. also, instead of the newest version try installing the one that came with the game, then let it update if necessary.
    1Kurgan1 says thanks.
  3. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    Gfwl sucks
  4. DigitalUK

DigitalUK New Member

Thanks Received:
    cant you use offline account for benchmarking.
  5. 1Kurgan1

1Kurgan1 The Knife in your Back

Thanks Received:
    I could, but I do own the games and don't really want to resort to that just to use my game.

I tried uninstalling gfwl then starting Dirt 3 to see if it would prompt it's own install. But all it does is pop up a Steam window saying the game is starting, then that window goes away and nothing happens, no game pops up at all.
  6. newconroer

Thanks Received:
    I'm going to have to agree on the offline account option. If it's only for benchmarking purposes, it's going to be the easiest method.
  7. Mr McC

Mr McC

Thanks Received:
    Kurgan, in my DRM thread you stated that you don't get the big fuss, does this experience in any way change your view?

I hope you solve the problem.