1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ghost Recon Alfa movie comedy

Discussion in 'Games' started by erixx, May 15, 2012.

1. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    They release a movie for the game launch, and I started watching it.
    In the first 10 seconds I already had to laugh 2, 3 times. More comic scenes will follow for sure. Write your own findings!

Ridiculous events:

1) a local man drives a stranger ...right into a forbidden Russian base without questioning anything but... ?You're not a local huh?'... haha

2) Then a superhidden sniper with weeds on his head watches movements in the valley, and then... takes his camouflage weeds off... to look at his watch!!!! haha

Movie is here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TGN...n-future-soldier-prequel-movie&has_verified=1
  2. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    HOHOHOHO!!!! I am pissing myself.... Later the enemy leader appears dressed in russian combat suit but with a large black coat over it!!!!! Anyone remembers the 'coat gang' or whatever was involved in school shootings in the US some years ago? For sure the movie is written by some clever social engineers....
  3. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    I watched it. It was awesome. but I didn't find it funny
  4. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Not even the 'dancing' (and then diving) mechwarrior? :)
  5. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
  6. entropy13

entropy13

Thanks Received:
    The only good thing left for Ubisoft is that they make good mini-movies. Well specifically they get a good studio, staff, director, etc. to make a good mini-movie for their games. An earlier one would be AC2.
  7. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    You're so obsessed with nit picking about every little thing in this movie, all of which aren't even valid nit picks, yet you're late to the party about the blonde bimbo? The Coco video came out well before the Alpha one. I can see nit picking about blonde bimbos and rappers for squad AI, and 1001 ways to customize your weapon, but all your comments on the movie are nonsense really. Someone's got an I-have-to-bitch-about-everything-Ubi-does complex.

First off, that a local truck driver is given access to the area doesn't necessarily mean it's a base they regularly use. It could just be a spot chosen by black market thugs, an operation which those patrolling the roads may not even know about, let alone the truck driver. Point being the security lies in the patrol that was killed, not the driver himself.

Second, educate yourself so you at least know what a camo suit designed to look like foliage is called. It's a Ghillie suit for Christ sake, invented by the Scotts. They're also very effective, but that doesn't mean the guy you were referring to needed to keep the hood on even after that vehicle patrol had gone around the bend and out of view.

Third, the type of clothing you're referring to is commonly used in stories with dystopian themes, and not unusual given it's based on Tom Clancy's writings. The only "social engineering" here seems to be your obsession with assumptions and exaggerations to influence forum members.

Fourth, a mech like that, if such a thing could be built in the near future, would be quite useful. It's long pointy legs could traverse very rough terrain, while folding them up and rolling on wheels would make it fast on smoother terrain. It also didn't dance or dive. It poked about slowly on it's legs, switched to wheels and rolled, slid around a corner after transitioning back to it's legs, then was knocked into the water. Somehow to you that makes it Michael Jackson. :rolleyes:
    MxPhenom 216 and ShiBDiB say thanks.
  8. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    This ^^

It was a great short video IMO. You just sound like this thing, perhaps you should google it along with ghillie suit, a troll.
  9. xenocide

xenocide

Thanks Received:
    Did you really just spell it "Alfa"?

It doesn't matter if the game is amazing, I cannot support Ubisoft for being the worst publisher on Earth.
  10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    It's alright i could think of others things they could do like make a 1/2 decent game..

They get pulled over which turns in a tense moment and suddenly the window is wound down..
  11. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    To have fun is recommened by the department of public health of most countries, but some are too a.retentive, as we see, to have a laugh.
    Frag Maniac, all your questioning of my views is absolutly welcome and healthy but leave your bullshitting at home, it smells. Just in case you didn't know I give a rats ass:
    1) how the suit is called
    2) about UBI movies, they just can't make me love them. They destroyed 2 series of games (R6 and GR) for the reasons we all know. The job of being their rep is all yours.

Thanks anyway for pointing at perfectly plausible yet different readings of the movie details, of course it is too short to be conclusive.

BTW: nit picking is big part of forums: hardware nit picking, games nit picking, it s the salt and pepper of internet: you know: you can't turn your pc off untill you convinced evrybody on the internet that they are wrong... LOL
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  12. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    Im not sure why you think its a comedy, unless your being sarcastic or trolling. But i thought this clip was pretty bad ass, and actually made me excited for the game.

You sound a bit mad that you were called out. I still think its retarded that you think this video was funny, I definitely wasn't laughing at any scene, I saw it as being pretty serious. I guess you laugh at the sight of war and gun fights? Also the mech wasn't dancing, unless you dance like that, then I feel sorry for you. YOu might think its funny because your trying to nit pick at anything bad about the game this video is about just so you can support your la la land that Ubisoft sucks, but I don't think anyone cares.
    Last edited: May 28, 2012
  13. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
    Certainly the mech wasn't moving like todays mili-robots... thats why I said dancing.
    Feel free to get excited with whatever you like, but most action B movies are miles better than this pastiche clip, seriously. But hey, some even like Chuck Norris or Tom Cruise jumpy shooty heaven, etc, and I do not pretend to change them.
    And why a thread about finding issues in a clip has to turn so ridiculously personal is a mystery to me... The clip is propaganda and most propaganda is sh¿t by definition.