1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ghost Recon Alpha, a pre launch short film.

Discussion in 'Games' started by Frag Maniac, May 24, 2012.

1. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I have to say I am very impressed with this film. It's only about 20 min worth of action, but is real life and very realistic looking. I'd love to see them make a full length movie. I only wish the game would be made with as much attention to realism, but latest word is they are hyping it up with unrealistic squad AI, including a scantily dressed blonde bimbo (Coco, Ice-T's wife), and a rapper (K. Dot).

[yt]7-wAzlqzXH0[/yt]

2. ShiBDiB

ShiBDiB

Thanks Received:
    that was.... awesome

3. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    IGN has a subtitled version up on YouTube now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2013
  4. MxPhenom 216

MxPhenom 216 Corsair Fanboy

Thanks Received:
    that was awesome. Im excited for Future Soldier now!

5. caleb

Thanks Received:
    If there is one thing I learned about Ubisoft over past two decades is to NOT GET EXCITED WITH THEIR CRAP!

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    True even more so when a game company spends so much time in to the video's..

But maybe they took notice what gamers wanted all those years ago :rolleyes:.

7. erixx

erixx

Thanks Received:
  8. NC37

NC37

Thanks Received:
    Unless it has Mitchell dying in every scene or Ubisoft apologizing for the abomination they turned Ghost Recon into...pass.

erixx says thanks.
  9. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    If this is the future. Would Ubisoft's Endwar be canon here? From what I remember Mitchell became a general

10. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    No, the game may very well end up being crap in ways, and ironically not live up to it's pre launch film, but it's more your assessment of the movie that's "crap" than the movie itself.

Maybe you've not read the reasons why, which I detailed in my response in that thread.

As for the GR series in general, it's certainly had it's ups and downs. I've played pretty much all of them. One expansion in particular I had technical problems with and could not finish, and the GRAW games were fairly laggy on the spec I had back then (single core).

My main concern is that GR may have lost much of it's challenge and/or realism. I don't like this throwing celebs that have ZERO to do with combat into the game just to hype it up. I mean who does that really appeal to other than the younger crowd, many of whom know or care little about actual war and soldiers.

I propose they kill two birds with one stone and actually hire some retired and even disabled vets for everything from consultation to AI likenesses to voice overs. It doesn't matter that it's near future vs current. Many of the same tactics still apply. It's ironic that MoH with it's military advised background struggled, while these hyped up games seem to do quite well. Maybe they went too far and tried to make MoH too much like CoD in some ways, or maybe it's just that there's too many players easily impressed with gimmicks.

Last edited: May 26, 2012