1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Also Outs IF 400 Chassis

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Mar 13, 2013.

1. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    In addition to the C1007UN-D motherboard, GIGABYTE rolled out the IF 400 chassis for gaming PC builds. The ATX mid-tower measures 185 x 412 x 450 mm (WxDxH), and is made of 0.6 mm-thick SGCC steel and ABS. It gives you room for two 5.25-inch drives, both of which feature tool-free retention modules, and five 3.5/2.5-inch ones, of which two are tool-free. Ventilation is care of a 120 mm front intake, and a 120 mm rear exhaust, although there's provision for two 120 mm fans on the side-panel, and one on the bottom. GIGABYTE did not give out pricing information.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. Max Mojo New Member

Thanks Received:
    No window - no go. Good is Front-USB. But looking cheap and uninspired, like the overwhelming rest. Even Lian Li - and I have 2 of them - should orientate towards Corsairs Design, they doing them same since decades.
    Still waiting for a caselab merlin with a XXL size window side panel, this would be my favorite.
    And a lot of room for cablemanagement is in my view prime.
  3. lZKoce

lZKoce

Thanks Received:
    Nice case. I gues this will be around 50 bucks, so its pretty ok. Painted interior. Side mounting points, I like the fact it doesn't have a window.
  4. Madn3ss795

Thanks Received:
    The same case is sold in my country ( Vietnam ), under "Thor" brand, name is Athena. It has side window here:

[​IMG]

Disassemble it:

[​IMG]

Pretty cheap case ( around 35 USD ) with tons of features, but the steel used is very slim, same kind of steel used on cheap-dirty 15$ cases found on Newegg.
    Frick says thanks.
  5. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    It's this that makes it good imo. I really don't like windowed cases.
  6. Madn3ss795

Thanks Received:
    You can always swap the side panel.
  7. de.das.dude

de.das.dude Pro Indian Modder

Thanks Received:
    its the other way round. easy to install a window. not an option for a steel sidewindow unless the company makes it.