1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R and Windows 7......

Discussion in 'System Builder's Advice' started by 20mmrain, Nov 3, 2009.

1. 20mmrain

20mmrain

Thanks Received:
    Alright I just upgraded my video card and Motherboard. This next week I will be finishing and ordering a new Heat sink Case and Windows 7. My question for you guys is..... has anyone noticed any compatibility issues with Windows 7 and Gigabyte Motherboards. More specifically Gigabyte EP45-UD3R. I ran Win 7 upgrade adviser and they said I was good to go. But I trust Microsoft about as far as I can throw them. So please let me know if someone has had any experience with this upgrade. For that matter I will list my new specs and see if anyone thinks there should be a problem!

Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
    Q9550
    Diamond ATI HD5870
    Western Digital 500gig 7200RPM 32MD cache HDD
    Corsair 750TX watt PSU
    G.Skill 4Gig 800MHZ RAM
    LG Lite Scribe Super Multi DVD+RW

I've heard from a few different posts that there is a problem with the Realtek sound driver and the Raid drivers. Again this is just what I heard. So that's why I asked here.

Thanks Guys

Damn people there is know one here who has any idea:)

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  2. arges86

arges86

Thanks Received:
    i have a Gigabyte M57SLI-S4 which is an old (AM2) card. It works perfectly w/ Windows 7.
    The drivers are fine, the audio driver works great, ect. OC seems to be just as stable.

All your hardware should be just fine. And the GPU will benefit from DirectX 11

20mmrain says thanks.
  3. Homeless

Thanks Received:
    I'm using the ud3p and have no problems

20mmrain says thanks.
  4. erocker

erocker Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Those problems are probablly from people using the drivers off of the disk or downloading the wrong drivers from Gigabyte. You can get the latest Windows 7 drivers for both sound and raid from their company's websites.

20mmrain says thanks.