1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte Ga-ep45-ud3p

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Mike0409, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    Anyone have any personal experience with this board : GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P

I've had some lower end Gigabyte boards have major memory issues/CPU posting issues, mainly in the GA-EP31-DS3L Boards.. Out of the 65 I had ordered, 40% failed due to some weird BIOS issue..and then the memory compatibility was an issue. To put it short i am NOT a fan of Gigabyte, now is this just their lower end models doing this, has anyone experienced this with their higher end models?

The Chip,Memory and video card that will be going into this board are the following:

E6600
    8GB of G.Skill memory 800MHZ
    9600GT from BFG

2. allen337

allen337

Thanks Received:
    If I had that many problems with any company I wouldnt care who they was I wouldnt buy nothing they had. Ive probably had 200 gigabyte motherboards and havent had any fail other than the normal chit you always get. Nopost from start, changed cpu 1 too many times and bent pins, old age:laugh: and also flashed 1 to wrong bios and had a streak of bad luck with the ex38-ds4 but it was my vapochill and not the mobo. You ordered 65 motherboards?

3. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I have it, and its been a pleasure to use. No out of box issues at all.

4. Mike0409

Mike0409

Thanks Received:
    I work in an IT Academy and we order Desktop's for student's for when they enroll, and the last 4 batch's we have had were Gigabyte boards and the failure rate was unbelievable.

Before that was MSI low end boards and they were horrible as well.

(Unfortunately we can't pick out our boards...=/ we just pick the system's and they almost ALWAYS have a low end board, and Gigabyte/MSI is always our choices..)

I've always believed there is a difference between High End board purchases and the lower end with lower quality parts.

5. allen337

allen337

Thanks Received:
    their is a difference,but, your talking about memory compatability and bios issues. Just because gigabyte makes a low end p35 mobo it should be comparable to the high end p35 on memory and bios, granted you might not get 1066 memory on the lower end or as many bios updates but should be a very stable board. Ive see more troubles with memory and bios in upper end boards than with low end. ALLEN