1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Volvster, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Volvster New Member

Thanks Received:
    I'm just about to fit this motherboard in to my PC and I've just noticed that it has two power supply connectors, my PSU has the usual 24 pin connector and a square 4 pin connector, but it doesn't have the 8 pin ATX_12v connector.

Do I need this extra 8 pin ATX_12v connector or can I use the square 4 pin connector, or do I have to buy another PSU.

2. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    8pin ATX_12v is basically 2 x CPU 4pin. Your PSU should have 2 of those 4pin connectors, and they both go in that 8 pin slot. If your PSU doesn't then it's probably not prepared for any form of high end CPU. You might get away with a single 4pin, but with zero OC potential etc.

Might I ask what PSU you're using?

[​IMG]

3. Volvster New Member

Thanks Received:
    You are right I do have two 4 pin connectors, one is currently in the old motherboard and I've just found the other tie wrapped out of the way.

As both of these connectors are keyed it looks like the Ground wires run along one side of the 8 pin connector and the Yellow 12v wires run along the other side.

Thanks for your help

Volvster

4. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Nem problem. They will only fit in one way anyway.