1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 any review?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by amit_talkin, Aug 30, 2008.

1. amit_talkin

Thanks Received:
    Hi frnds,

I have just ordered Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 mobo. to build me new system.
    but I havent found any useful review about this mobo. yet. I have tried to search google but didnt get any review about it. can anyone who owns this mobo. provide me a good review?

thnx.

Amit:)

2. K91NE

K91NE New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well i can tell you that this is the board i used for current build i could not be happier.
    INTEL Q9450@3.6 with a small amount of overvoltage 1.24v.The rest on AUTO
    MUSHKIN XPS2-8500@1080 with +25 to get the 2.05 it needs.I have build 3 systems over the last year and i have to say this is my most stabel board i have used overclock wise.I can get my CPU to 3.88 and thats higher than all others EVGA 750I FTW got close.Most not all BIOS setting can be disabled .Try this link its the Gigabyte forums http://forums.tweaktown.com/ it has been a great help to me with settings and tweeks.GL

3. FilipM

FilipM New Member

Thanks Received:
    I have one, very good, simple but good bios settings really good to oc, running 3.7 on the cpu with no voltage changing on the board. It has this massive northbridge cooler, keeps it cool but if you want extreme oc'ing, you might wanna put a fan on it. Like all other Gigabyte boards, you can oc, and if the board cannot take it, it restarts (once or twice) until it finds good settings - well finds, it goes back to stock. And the good thing is that you have like 3 settings for the ram - Standard, Turbo and Extreme which are for the advanced timing settings which if you wanna alter them, you need to press Ctrl + F1 in the main screen in the bios. I get like 8900 on Everest read on Turbo settings, ram running at stock - 1066Mhz