• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC (Intel LGA 1150)

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
There are different states in the card. 2D idle, 2D, and 3D IIRV. If you are concerned about power use on that platform, utilize the Lucid Logix Virtu technology where it will use the iGPU until a significant 3D load, such as gaming, is needed.

foxyface

There are different states in the card. 2D idle, 2D, and 3D IIRV. If you are concerned about power use on that platform, utilize the Lucid Logix Virtu technology where it will use the iGPU until a significant 3D load, such as gaming, is needed.

Ah yes, I've read about it. It's the desktop version of Optimus, right? I think it comes bundled with the MSI GD65 but I will not inquire further, so as not to get off-topic in this thread. Going back to Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC, I might still go for it so as to deter can-I-use-your-pc-for-10hours-to-play-Metro people from visiting us. A password could help but mom or sis might divulge. At least OC PCIe switching, which would also require opening up the PC case is something they cant do hehe.

I don't understand why you would want to do that in the first place. If you can't afford to run the computer you couldn't afford to buy it, LOL! Just install the Lucid stuff and call it a day. :)

GL!

foxyface

I don't understand why you would want to do that in the first place. If you can't afford to run the computer you couldn't afford to buy it, LOL! Just install the Lucid stuff and call it a day. :)

GL!

Sorry I forgot to address you Mr. EarthDog. I thought I was still replying to Mr. Fourstaff. :laugh: Anyway I'm near completion of this PC build and mind you, although I can afford it, it's almost 4 months in the making, considering how much I earn. So you can imagine the blood, sweat and tears I had to shed to complete this (enter melodramatic background music here). Anyway I just wanna limit the 'mileage-use' of the machine to somehow maximize its life expectancy, and mine as well (because mom will kill me if she finds out my PC consumes more wattage than her flat iron) :eek:. I guess I'm what you might refer to as belonging to a small bracket of people who needs certain Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC features. I'll check that Lucid Logix Virtu and see some reviews. Cheers! :toast:

Use the machine. Don't sweat that stuff seriously.

Your PC doesnt REMOTELY use as much as an iron does (think 200-300W FULL LOAD versus 1200-1500W). That said, you use an iron what, maybe an hour a week?

System Name panda
Processor 6700k
Motherboard sabertooth s
Cooling raystorm block<black ice stealth 240 rad<ek dcc 18w 140 xres
Memory 32gb ripjaw v
Video Card(s) 290x gamer<ntzx g10<antec 920
Storage 950 pro 250gb boot 850 evo pr0n
Display(s) QX2710LED@110hz lg 27ud68p
Case 540 Air
Audio Device(s) nope
Power Supply 750w superflower
Mouse g502
Keyboard shine 3 with grey, black and red caps
Software win 10
Benchmark Scores http://hwbot.org/user/marsey99/
just browsing and that i think i am pulling around 40w from the wall. jumps to 400w ish when i play some games. others its around 300w as they are less system hungry.

i wouldnt worry too much about its power draw, i mean hell my phase cooler will suck more than my system does :lol: