1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

gigabyte oc vs 4h 5h line?

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by freeboy, Jul 21, 2013.

1. EarthDog

EarthDog

Thanks Received:
    Ya'll can go back and forth all you want, however, where most people are overclocking to, an 8 phase with the lower end IOR bits will be plenty.

Don't make something out of nothing. Now, if you guys were going sub ambient, perhaps at that point would my concern raise from none. BUt 4-4.5GHz.. I would happily use that board and it would be happy being used. :)

If its stable at 6GHz+ its stable at 4.4GHz...;)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  2. kpoeticg New Member

Thanks Received:
    I wasn't saying that as a negative point. Just from what they said at Computex and everything I've read about the board, the Z87X-OC just seems to be produced for Overclockers. That board in particular was designed by their in house OC Guru for the sole purpose of overclocking. So basically it was designed from start to finish by a person looking to make the best board he could think of for Pro OC'ers to win competitions with. Then Gigabyte took that board and added all the extra features that people look for in a high end board and released it as the OC-Force

3. drdeathx

drdeathx

Thanks Received:

These chips run hot and your probably talking 100-200MHz. Thats it