1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte Preps GeForce GTX 680 OC with 4 GB of Memory

Discussion in 'News' started by Cristian_25H, Sep 30, 2012.

1. AnnCore

AnnCore Staff

Thanks Received:
    That might have been a nice compromise. A little less heatsink to sort of embed the fans and keep the whole thing 2 slot. Might have cost them more to produce but at the same time they might sell more with the idea that they can be SLId.

Now I ask you Ghost, why aren't we working for them in Marketing, or R&D or Sales? Heck why don't we just self-appoint ourselves CEOs... :laugh:
    Crunching for Team TPU
  2. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    Kinda wish this was Penta-slot. Now what am I going to do with all of this space?
  3. Vinska

Vinska

Thanks Received:
    On the other hand, how many of all the 680s sold are in a SLI setup?

And then there's the demographic of people who want to stick one of *The most badass card he/she can afford & can use to showoff*, but don't really know much about computers (usually very little). This card is a perfect for that.
    And how big is this demographic? From the people I encountered in the last 5 years: MUCH larger than the people genuinely interested in SLI.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  4. [H]@RD5TUFF

Thanks Received:
    Or something to keep it a 2 slot card!
  5. Horrux

Horrux

Thanks Received:
    Yes, but they WANT you to upgrade next year... If they made them 4gb standard, next year you might see that you have plenty of power to run anything at all, even with the new console titles out. But if you get suckered into buying a 2gb card now, next year you may very well "have to" shell out again. Guess which option nV and its bed partners prefer?

That being said, I will get me 3 x GTX 680 4gb in early 2013 and run 3D surround. But no tri-slot, thanks. Already 3 video cards is 6 slots, I'll probably need one of them crazy 9-slot mobos...
  6. Ghost

Ghost

Thanks Received:
    Probably because me and Gigabyte peeps fail to communicate to each other. I still have their stuff lying around. They might or might not take it back. Any minute now... Spamming them with emails doesn't seem to be very effective.
    AnnCore says thanks.