1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte RMA Problems. I will no longer recommend them!!!

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by Super XP, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Super XP

Super XP

Thanks Received:
    My issues? Just read bellow. This has been the absolute WORST experience I've ever encountered in regards to computers. I will no longer buy or recommend a Gigabyte product ever again. I will also post this experience on News Groups and Forums so that people may judge for themselves whether to ever buy into Gigabyte.

I want my money back or I want a complete replacement with a different model number motherboard based on the SB750 chipset. Plain and Simple. I've had enough

----------- READ BELLOW ----------

2. wolf2009 Guest

WOW, you really stuck it to them.

Hope they give you a replacement

EDIT : LOL again. Did they send you another email after that one ?

3. mlee49

mlee49

Thanks Received:
    If thats their 'support' then I will never mess with Gigabutt. Sounds like they aren't will to try to help, just replace the board with them or take it back to the place of purchase for a refund.

I dont expect Gigabutt will provide a refund, but they should offer more than another email address to rma with.

4. ascstinger

ascstinger New Member

Thanks Received:
    dfi kept shipping my board back that had power problems until a vrm vaporized itself :p

5. aximbigfan New Member

Thanks Received:
    This may make me a new enemy, but I declare failure on your part. That is not how you talk to a CSR.

Restart with a new CSR, and talk in a polite, but firm manor. Make sure your message to them is spell checked, grammar is correct, and avoid anything that looks trashy.

Make sure you don't come off as being an arrogant prick. (NOT saying you are)

With this method, I have achieved success, for the most part.

Chris

6. ShadowFold

ShadowFold New Member

Thanks Received:
    Deja Vu.. Same thing happened to me awile ago. I seriously loath them now.

7. jbunch07

jbunch07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've had 2gigabyte boards in my time, The first one worked flawlessly, The second one not the same story. I don't think ill buy from them again. Problems do happen but that's no excuse for bad support.

8. Kursah

Kursah

Thanks Received:
    I've had decent and crap from Asus, DFI, Gigabyte, Abit, etc...they all have win/lose situations, but generally I've been more lucky then not....my worst experience was by and far ASUS...but look, I'm currently running on an Asus board, probably the best MB I've ever owned.

Unfortunately tho, it seems newer hardware seems to have lower standards or breaks easier than the old-school stuff...I still have an Abit AS8-V that works flawlessly, with vdroop mod, hell that thing was a beast back when...if you OC'd too far, it'd beep, and go into bios...you do that on a modern bios it's a 50/50 crapshoot that it might not post or it might reset itself....ya never know for sure. I think product quality and support could be improved across the board imo (no pun intended).

Sorry for your issues man...that really sucks. I've been there tho, and many companies follow similar lines of procedure unfortunately...

9. flclisgreat

flclisgreat New Member

Thanks Received:
    i have had 2 dfi mobo's(not counting rma's). will never buy another one. first one came with the corner of the mobo bent behind it...WTF.

10. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    That's strange. I've always had very good luck with Gigabyte. I've had to RMA 2 boards to them, they promptly sent me new ones. Hmmmmm...... not good on their end :confused:

11. Fitseries3

Fitseries3 Eleet Hardware Junkie

Thanks Received:
    tell them to refund your money in full and your going to go get a board THAT WORKS from one of their competitors.

12. Exeodus

Exeodus

Thanks Received:
    Well, I have a Gigabyte board, and I do agree, there bios updates are far and few between.
    I have a E8500 E0 stepping that I can't use yet because so far they only have a beta bios available, since September no less.

I also had a Galaxy II water cooling kit take a crap on me, the pump died. But I have been hesitant to get a rma because of the notoriously bad service.

Check out what the BBB has to say about them (this may be my last Gigabyte product)
    http://www.la.bbb.org/BusinessReport.aspx?CompanyID=13136347

SimFreak47 says thanks.
  13. wolf2009 Guest

Lol did you read the OP, thats exactly what he was telling them

14. blkhogan

blkhogan New Member

Thanks Received:
    Just tell your going to kick their asses. That always works :nutkick:

Disclaimer:
    TPU does not in anyway approve the kicking of anyones ass at any time. :laugh:

15. Pinchy New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hmm I have never had a problem with GB or their support.

The last experience I had with them was when I installed a CPU and a bin bent. I didnt realise of course (LGA775) and the motherboard fried. Took it back to the store I bought from, they tried to tell me it was my fault the pin bent and they couldnt do anything. I told them to at least "try" and take it to GB and see what they can do.

They did this, and GB sent me a b/new board :)

On the same board I had a BIOS problem with the RAM mutli. Within 2 weeks of having the board, a new BIOS was released with the fix.

16. AphexDreamer

AphexDreamer

Thanks Received:
    No matter who your talking to, HP, Asus, Gigabyte, or whatever, it just depends if you get an Asshole of a dude or a nice, helpfull one.

17. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I don't remember which P45 Gigabyte board it was but it was very picky with RAM and would freeze no matter what you were doing (memtest96, install windows, BIOS, etc.) a few seconds after boot. The only way to fix it was to update the BIOS but, not to the newest. F7 are more stable than what it shipped with but it would only run stable with F6. It's a good board once you get it working but it takes lot of messing around. I don't think I would buy Gigabyte again after that.

I've only had to deal with MSI tech support and they are excellent.

F!?! :eek:

MSI has an F rating too though which I wholly disagree.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
    Crunching for Team TPU
  18. craigo

craigo

Thanks Received:
    This is why i use intel boards...you may get a few poorly executed "value added features" in a third party component... but its not difficult to see the value in intel when issues arise.

19. Stephen New Member

Thanks Received:
    I've been planning on buying a Gigabyte motherboard when I build my first computer soon and I'm still going to buy it because of the good reviews I've found (it's the GA-M61PME S2).

Yeah it sounds like their tech support is crap but whenever I email any support I always try to make my first message as mature and polite as I can, then get down to earth.

20. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    Sorry but the AMD platform boards fail to deliver in the first place so I wouldnt be surprised :rolleyes:.

I think its the same story with every other company out there, DO YOUR RESEARCH before you purcahse any product. Their Intel boards are fine though (most of the time).

And btw I'd take a GA P45 DS3P/UD3P at most, anything higher end has a poorly designed cooling system/useless extras. Not saying that they're bad boards though. I want a GA P45 UD3P :(...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  21. stanhemi

stanhemi New Member

Thanks Received:
    same problem whit asus board 3 time in a row.for me asus it finish but i dont says asus are crap for that.but the CSR are just a bunch of ass....

22. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    I would advise against that. It is so not worth the two weeks of memory RMA's just because Gigabyte can't author stable BIOS.

Crunching for Team TPU
  23. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    Super XP Chill out!

dude you really jumped the gun on this issue, if your having so many problems request a replacement. If you become nasty with the Customer Service they will refuse to help you, that applies anywhere, you can always call and ask to talk to the top tech there.

But first of all Try the RMA then if that doesnt help any i have plenty of boards to recommend

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpost.php?p=1004226&postcount=4544

tkpenalty says thanks.
  24. btarunr

btarunr Editor & Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I've had no problems with Gigabyte staff. I've in fact had great experience in dealing with their staff at the Hyderabad service centre. I'd sent a problematic P35-DS3R. I had it back to me, serviced, in fresh packaging..along with of course...product catalogues, etc. I recommend gigabyte.

25. Hayder_Master

Hayder_Master

Thanks Received:
    dumm , my gigabyte mobo have a problem too i want to contact them today , i hope not get same answer